30DN DTT-7s V2 gearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcnut24

Does anyone know if the gearing can be changed on these trucks. I can find by definaition the stock gears. but not sure if any other other gears fit. or if I can retro fit something. Not turning enough r's for the size track i have.....

Of course the gearing can be altered it's a 5ive-t clone. Any 5ive t pinion and spur can be used. Idk much about them but what's your stock gearing at? V1 5ive-t I believe was 19/58 and 2.0 is 20/62

The only part numbers i can go by are for the DTT-7 I cant find the parts list for the DTT-7s V2. according to it the pinion is (55029 @ 19T) the spur is (55030 @ ??) I cant find the info on that gear. seems like everything is in a fixed postion. So i'll be honest 5T 5B I'm not getting the reference with these. The sites I go to are Rovan,fearless and king..

It's based on a losi 5ive t platform not the baja 5t or 5b. The engine has inserts to set the gear mesh. I tossed them, use washers and set mesh like normal. Gear options should be readily available and cross most of the losi 1/5 scale platforms.

It's based on a losi 5ive t platform not the baja 5t or 5b. The engine has inserts to set the gear mesh. I tossed them, use washers and set mesh like normal. Gear options should be readily available and cross most of the losi 1/5 scale platforms.
This truck is the v2 version. The trans and diff are all one solid case. I have both versions.

Nope not at all. Just that it was purchased that way. Just sucks the extra money for v2 and your stuck with some things.....like gearing. 130. Us for that one piece unit that holds you to that gearing package. Not impressed.

I'm not understanding what's so hard about converting over to the 5ive t open setup. Your not bound to the sealed gearbox. You need the clutch carrier,center diff and gears

I'm not understanding what's so hard about converting over to the 5ive t open setup. Your not bound to the sealed gearbox. You need the clutch carrier,center diff and gears
Agreed......not hard at all..... like some I like the looks of the sealed gear box. So with that said the looks don't make up for handling....out with the new and in with the old.

Not sure where your at but I believe I have a stock v1 clutch carrier and I have 2.0 center diff tower with the brake discs and pads. Also have plastic center diff cup.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks