30DN DTT-7s V2 gearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pulled mine apart counted and got 23 54....my son has v1 with 19 pinion. The numbers are printed on the gear as well

Simple logic dictates you can't have a 1/2 tooth gear. No idea why they would have a 21.5 mesh insert.
Thinking the odd gearing is specific to the 30*north, never seen anything other then 58 and 62 myself.
.5 didn't make sense however tooth spacing may play a roll. Idk for sure. I'm pretty good with fabricating but didn't put much thought into that one lol

@Rcnut24 you may want to hold off for about a month if you can wait. I spoke to Daniel from fearless rc about your issue and they said they have a direct upgrades coming for the 30dnt truck to address the closed gearing. So if you can hang on man they have something coming down the pipeline for ya. And I have poor memory a friend of mine got a 5ive and about half the stuff I said I had went to him. He had to remind me as I was looking for the stuff and couldn't find it. Sorry man

@Rcnut24 you may want to hold off for about a month if you can wait. I spoke to Daniel from fearless rc about your issue and they said they have a direct upgrades coming for the 30dnt truck to address the closed gearing. So if you can hang on man they have something coming down the pipeline for ya. And I have poor memory a friend of mine got a 5ive and about half the stuff I said I had went to him. He had to remind me as I was looking for the stuff and couldn't find it. Sorry man
turns out I already have parts in the mail to revert back. i HAVE SEVERAL ATTEMPTS to contact a live person at fearless. I am having major issues with this truck.since new I have put about 9 tanks threw it and have replaced the pull rope 7 times and the carb once.......I have spent as long as 15 minutes trying to get running. Confirmed spark and more.......This truck compared to the five others we own is on it's way to closet......I have a bws thats like a timex.........and will out run any others we have....... This one is a dispapointment for sure...

Ouch man sorry to hear you have that many issues.
can't believe i'm having this much trouble......this truck came with a 1191 carb.....i tossed a 997 on it for about 6 laps and wow what a difference......but it didn't change how it starts....starts hard all the time. new 1191 showed up and was hoping it was the issue.....It helped but still isn't right...

The rovan is the problem, it's been well documented over the years, quality control isn't a very high priority with them. We had a member tear one down and "blue print" it amd had moderate success. I have a few floating around that I intended to do a comparison with a genuine zenoah, but have neither the time or ambition for it right now. Suffice it to say, it's a mixed bag for what you get inside. Sloppy tolerances, poor casting techniques, sloppy cylinder plating etc. Really they should be taken apart and gone over before running.

The rovan is the problem, it's been well documented over the years, quality control isn't a very high priority with them. We had a member tear one down and "blue print" it amd had moderate success. I have a few floating around that I intended to do a comparison with a genuine zenoah, but have neither the time or ambition for it right now. Suffice it to say, it's a mixed bag for what you get inside. Sloppy tolerances, poor casting techniques, sloppy cylinder plating etc. Really they should be taken apart and gone over before running.
We had one come apart and I agree that the QCC is not good. we have custom built two so far and have had great success in doing so...OBR block stock jugs 2mm stroke......The two Rovan's I have will most likely be tha last.....I have build several full size race car engines and I think we will be building our own from here out.....i like tight piston bore clearence and always file fit rings.

Best of luck to you man. 👍
Thanks.....worst case i'll put a 30 or 32 on it till I build one...smh. it was a birthday from my wife so I didn't get a chance to research a new release......would have done the roller and saved half the investment. I'll let the thread know how it works out......first thing it pressure test the block. Then swap the v2 stuff out and drop to 19/58.

UPDATE: So I order parts to convert back to what the DDT-7 has. Thus alowing me to change pin and spur gear. tore all apart and found out that's not posible....The chassis is stamped different for the center diff and in a different location. So without some type of OEM retro fit kit or replacing the chassis your stuck with what you have........I for one change every car/truck I own in some way.......So if your one to not settle for what you get the DTT-7s V2 is not for you.....

As for the 38cc This thing starts so hard every time I think it's time to park it......Can't put a 30.5 or 32 on it cause of the tall gear........30DNT made a mistake when they put this package together........SO DISAPPOINTED...

So how did you manage to get to speak with someone? I am able to get a couple e-mails a week and no progress with my issues. I have been very patient and have made several attempts to get someone to call me......

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks