32cc engine will not start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does look like the G290. I ordered a new cylinder from the place that manufactured it, a new 28cc-30cc 36mm lightened piston with a new pin, clips, and ring, copper gasket because I hate the paper type one it came with, a Baja aluminum tuned pipe, and a pull start cover because it was full of grass when I took it apart and don’t want it sucking in grass between the fins. Hopefully everything works out.
How tight should I torque the cylinder head down? Just until the hex screw stops then another quarter to a half turn or so?

Last edited:
Update:

Finished break-in and I’m finishing the last of my gallon of 25:1 then I’ll go back up to 40:1. Revs up nice and the tuned pipe does add some power along with the lightened piston. Had an issue with the exhaust pipe clamp at the joint (as per usual lol) and the clamp ended up making a slight hole where it was touching the aluminum pipe joint edges. Made it loose and burned up the rubber exhaust gasket. Bought a pipe clamp that holds it together with screws instead of a pin and I used JB Weld Extreme Heat to fill in the hole the clamp made. Hopefully this is the last of the down time and I can actually drive it more instead of fixing it all the time.

Attachments

• 83A85A42-8395-44E0-B13E-9A87751F1126.jpeg
    83A85A42-8395-44E0-B13E-9A87751F1126.jpeg
    30.6 KB · Views: 3
I got a copper gasket as the one that I reused isn’t holding up well. How does the copper gasket fit over the notches on the sides? Do I need to heat up the gasket in an oven to make it expand or grind some off the sides of the gasket? That’s my old cylinder head I would make sure it was clean before I pulled it off lol.

Attachments

• 7A22A997-0E6E-4647-BCA7-117009733251.jpeg
    7A22A997-0E6E-4647-BCA7-117009733251.jpeg
    142.7 KB · Views: 7
They arw a die stamped gasket, sometimes they need a bit of trimming to fit correctly. And just an fyi if you got the thin copper gasket, you could have used a coke can and made your own. If I recall correctly they are close to the same thickness.

They arw a die stamped gasket, sometimes they need a bit of trimming to fit correctly. And just an fyi if you got the thin copper gasket, you could have used a coke can and made your own. If I recall correctly they are close to the same thickness.
HAHA when we were kids we had old Mcculloch engines and couldn't afford head gaskets , we tried Coke cans lasted about 5 min lol

Hello,

I have a Fuelie CY 34cc (38mm) and run it with stihl hp ultra oil at 25:1.
Is it safe to use less oil?
Will the life of the engine be shorter?

Thanks.

Last edited:
HAHA when we were kids we had old Mcculloch engines and couldn't afford head gaskets , we tried Coke cans lasted about 5 min lol
i’d just use the coke can as a spacer to set the squish, then leave the sealing for some paste on both sides
never tried it though...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks