3d printing exhaust system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Carbon fiber suspension pieces would break. Watch how carbon fiber drive shafts are made for cars . The weave has to go in several different directions to make it strong enough to be useful. To make them strong enough to handle the forces on one of are buggies/trucks you would need to make them out of forged Carbon fiber which is a very tuff process and expensive. Then the odds are you would start breaking other parts of the buggy. Printed CF parts I don't think would be strong enough. We have a small printer at work that uses CF Plastic . The stuff we printed I don't think would be able to take the forces our RC's generate.

Don't take what I'm saying wrong . I love carbon fiber. I have several CF pieces on my motorcycle , car and a ring along with a forged CF ring. Also my rc hydro has CF in certain areas to re-enforce it .

Last edited:
I think Carbon fiber suspension pieces would break. Watch how carbon fiber drive shafts are made for cars . The weave has to go in several different directions to make it strong enough to be useful. To make them strong enough to handle the forces on one of are buggies/trucks you would need to make them out of forged Carbon fiber which is a very tuff process and expensive. Then the odds are you would start breaking other parts of the buggy. Printed CF parts I don't think would be strong enough. We have a small printer at work that uses CF Plastic . The stuff we printed I don't think would be able to take the forces our RC's generate.

Don't take what I'm saying wrong . I love carbon fiber. I have several CF pieces on my motorcycle , car and a ring along with a forged CF ring. Also my rc hydro has CF in certain areas to re-enforce it .
Honestly I think it can be done. ??‍♂️ Its not gonna be for jumping or bashing just zipping around on the streets which I do alot in my lil town.

We make entire 3d printer cabinets that take days to do. In heights 12 inches and over and the stuff is strong beyond belief with the patterns and weaving that he does. I'll show a prototype here in awhile. We just got 750 piece order this morning so all 4 printers are on production parts currently

I'm a bit dubious on CF parts as well. Not because CF kicks much ass, which it does. But, just that there's not a spot on my car where the strength to weight won't be tested in a way that cannot be reconciled. These models are facing vibration and impact shear forces from multiple different axes when used in an off-road capacity. Anything structural just can't handle the beating compared to their aluminum counterparts.

There were multiple different makers of CF parts for the HPI Baja back in the day, but they just weren't durable enough to stick around and carve out any market share. Running them off road was a disaster. Any speed gains in weight savings were quickly lost to durability issues.

That being said, there's plenty of on-road/flat track utility for CF parts. So any of these guys hanging on to shelf queens, or keepin' it street might be a fertile ground for you to play about with. If you can manage to make a set of CF drive shafts for my HPI, like the Indy cars, I know I'd throw some money at you, if only to have them in my shop.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks