64'' fountain by bonzi

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The twin will fit and I debated about that for awhile and was told by them it can be done but is more enjoyable as a single. I say go for it as I went single and wished I did twin. I had built a 30.5cc equivalent to their bzx4 and at best it hit 35mph at 18,500 rpm. Their prop leaves alot on the table and the hull road very wet in the water.
You need a better prop from prop works west and a bigger engine than the 30.5cc.... I have a run video of it on my channel or on this thread.

Being jerked around means don't expect to get it from what you were told, count on a few months

I now remember @Nealv had to wait
I wish there was another manufacturer that offered clean custom hulls I can have built instead of having to do it myself, I like tweaking and turning wrenches but I kinda just want a turn key fun time. Enforcers look kinda cheap and the MHZ hunter looks amazing but aren't sold in the US as far as I know. Kinda poopy that they prioritize people who throw more money down the drain over order time. But even the built 30cc only does 35 yikes... 2500$ I expect at least 45+ 😅

I will now go sit in the corner and ponder what I have been reading 😳😳🤓🤓, but I still believe I'm learning here , I've got a lot to figger on boats
I'm new into gas boats I have a 36" V with a 6s mamba monster and it does back flips and I got tired of swimming for it lol, any other rc boat companies you'd recommend to research? I've heard bonzi, aquashark I think it's called, enforcer, viper hulls, and insane boats. Mostly looking for a deep v to run alongside a boat while trolling 😬🤣

FYI bonzi owns enforcer boats and they come out of the same shop.

If you got tired of chasing an electric boat boy do I have news for you. It's a fun time when they run right but terrible when you get plagued by running issues. If I was you stay with electric as they are much much faster and if I had to do it again I'd go electric. Seaducer makes a few different hulls and one of the v hulls I believe was clocked over 60 or 70mph.... you want speed stay below 5ft.

O yea forgot to mention the 64 fountain sits very low in the water at the transom. So low that the exhaust tip is under water so I'd caution using it around any wake from large boats if it stalls.

FYI bonzi owns enforcer boats and they come out of the same shop.

If you got tired of chasing an electric boat boy do I have news for you. It's a fun time when they run right but terrible when you get plagued by running issues. If I was you stay with electric as they are much much faster and if I had to do it again I'd go electric. Seaducer makes a few different hulls and one of the v hulls I believe was clocked over 60 or 70mph.... you want speed stay below 5ft.
I'd convert my current boat into a retrieve boat to chase the money pit when it stalls 😆, I read earlier in the thread that most people advise against a twin in the fountain but could it really be too much power in a five and a half foot boat?

That's an option also. Tbh if I had to do it again I absolutely would and yes it can fit it. The 84" apache they sell is just to damn big honestly and that fountain would be a rocket with the twin. I can tell you that if you push the fountain too hard in turns it will spin out like a jetski does and it gets interesting but I never flipped it. Looking back the boat had a good center of gravity and rode flat in the water but i didn't want to add more weight to the back to help the nose come up and the fuel tank is fairly big and sits where the cabin would be if it was a real boat.

It was fun and I learned alot with customizing it but I wasn't too impressed.

That's an option also. Tbh if I had to do it again I absolutely would and yes it can fit it. The 84" apache they sell is just to damn big honestly and that fountain would be a rocket with the twin. I can tell you that if you push the fountain too hard in turns it will spin out like a jetski does and it gets interesting but I never flipped it. Looking back the boat had a good center of gravity and rode flat in the water but i didn't want to add more weight to the back to help the nose come up and the fuel tank is fairly big and sits where the cabin would be if it was a real boat.

It was fun and I learned alot with customizing it but I wasn't too impressed.
I currently have a completely custom UDR with aluminum everything 2500 invested I believe, only part that sucks for electric is 400- 700 in batteries for 10 mins of run time if you run 8-12s at a time , I know they outperform gas but for leisure over speed nothing beats a 5 gallon jug on the bank drinking beers all day imo. Thank you and anyone for your time and expertise 🙂

Then if that's the case go for it man they are fun. And we aren't a full on boat forum but we're here to help anyway we can.
Was looking into the RMCK/ GZR 61.5cc I think it's called the inline motor haven't seen too many on YouTube or forums for that matter though

@spents has a air cooled rcmk and from what I gather they are good engines and if you can swing it I'd get one. I was ultimately going to put one in the fountain but dropped out of the hobby for a bit. I take it gizmo finally produced one for regular sales now? How much?

@spents has a air cooled rcmk and from what I gather they are good engines and if you can swing it I'd get one. I was ultimately going to put one in the fountain but dropped out of the hobby for a bit. I take it gizmo finally produced one for regular sales now? How much?
1500 for the 61.5cc without coils or header or pipe so realistically probably 1700-1900 to get it to run

Mmm it would be interesting but after you throw a twin in there you gunna eat up alot of space. I'd stay single prop as the power of the twin will let you run a larger prop without sacrificing rpm.

Bonzi also told me that a surface drive is off the table for it as the boat needs the prop deeper in the water to run right.

Talk to prop works west and see what prop he would recommend for you. I have a custom made prop from him for my seaducer and he has no issue having you send it back and him tweaking it to your request. http://www.thepropworkswest.com/

@Relic-1 that must of been a typo, thanks for finding it :LOL: .... electric is cool as its still an rc and they have their place for pretty much getting a quicky in and getting satisfaction then parking it for the day. But nothing beats the sensory overload a gas engine gives you and of course the added run time.

Well if I could ever get back to the lake , maybe I would agree but for now I can only dream , I geuss , got it ready to go , notched the shaft and got those awesome drive dogs from kits , so I'm ready , just gotta get time off from earning parts money , by the time this old fossle is off work , my body is pretty much off feet !! But I'll get there , I've got a total glass spot on our river here , pretty close to my house , but I've been watching it , prolly need to armed to be there alone , but I'll let u no how it goes

For mono style hulls. You also have Rico racing. Richie races and builds the hulls and is always testing. If he doesn't like the hull? The mold gets thrown away and he starts over. A big boat can go fast but it has to do with the design of the hull and the setup. A single engine can push the big boats fast but everything has to be setup correctly and that is where a lot of people blow it. Either a hull that is not setup correctly or they do not spend time on getting it setup. He can also build you ready to runs too and will set it up like his own boats so you know it will be correct.

For mono style hulls. You also have Rico racing. Richie races and builds the hulls and is always testing. If he doesn't like the hull? The mold gets thrown away and he starts over. A big boat can go fast but it has to do with the design of the hull and the setup. A single engine can push the big boats fast but everything has to be setup correctly and that is where a lot of people blow it. Either a hull that is not setup correctly or they do not spend time on getting it setup. He can also build you ready to runs too and will set it up like his own boats so you know it will be correct.
I messaged him about an off shore and a superboat quote on whatever he'd recommend to have a reliable fast fun runner . Would you recommend a different than stock prop on his boats as well if ordered as RTR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks