add another DX450 owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cool, thanx, i have them and Omni in ebay. both have what tower has for upgrades, but no one has the good stuff yet (alloy).

Alright Tim you sucked me over here now too :D Even less work will get done now :D

I am waiting for the aluminum parts, went to the shop and put a lot of it on back order !! Got a couple 5200 lipos for mine today that finally fit better than my others !! Getting the hang of it slowly but surely !!!

Alright Tim you sucked me over here now too Even less work will get done now

aahahaha, say the junkie to the dealer. lol

wish i was a dealer. lol could make some damn money.lol
Got some cells to see if i can make them fit.

now its just a matter of tearing into this one, or wait for the one i ordered theother day to get to the LHS to pick up. lol

then i can have one to make/fit parts on, and one thats stock to test against.

Good review/build Tim..

Is the drive chain made out of metal or plastic? Also, does it brake with the electric motor or does the front and rear discs have calipers?
Pardon my ignorance, but these bikes are still foreign to me.. ;)

Chris

its metal with a master link, just like a rearl chain.
no brake on the motor, but the ESC may be able to add it, just not checked.

their are plastic rotors on it for looks. but their is supposed to be a f and r brake package comeing for them. Some guys are modding the ARx or TT brakes on with a little bit of mods.

if you go to www.rcgroups.com go under all the air stuff. you ll find a shrot Car area, it has a Motorcycle area that has a few threads on the Duratrax DX450. also look at the Anderson M5 threads as it is the same bike. Duratrax buys thier bike from Anderson and re lables them for the US market.

aahahaha, say the junkie to the dealer. lol

wish i was a dealer. lol could make some damn money.lol
Got some cells to see if i can make them fit.

I am just glad I work at a shop part time to help pay for this problem :D the discount helps too ;)

Picked up some SMC 5200 2s packs last night that fit pretty good, still kind of a pain getting the wires tucked up and in there but they work pretty good.

well shitdamn my 1/2 luck.
have been keeping my eye on towers site for the upgrades. yesterday some made it in to stock, including the important front forks. stuck them in the cart with about 6 other items, and when i went to check out the Fing forks were B.O. already. now they wont be in until the end of march unless i find a set somewhere.

but i picked up a rear swing arm, the front hubs, a metal spur, and main gear, and a 15t pinion from tower. from LSRC i have the hard rear shock spring, and a couple other parts. had a hydro dampener in my cart, but they were out of them. looks like i may need to try to mod a steering dampener. i have some Tamiay TT-01 aluminum shocks here im going to try to fit one for steering dampening.

Oh yea, Trixies man finially got here today too. i ll post a pic onces all settled.

What weight shock oil are you guys running and in what kind of conditions ??

Pulled mine apart last night cause the shock was about half full of oil and I ended up putting diff fluid in it to the dampening where I wanted it :D

for the rear? so far im stock. but i have a heavy duty spring for it.

i see most guys are using around 6000wt diff fluid for the rear shock.

i spent a little time last night on the steering. adjusted the springs on the steering servo to be near fully compressed. then took a TT-01 shock i had here (alum threaded) and filled it with 20w fork oil and set it up on the opposite side of the servo for dampening.
had to make a stand off for it. will get a few pics up later this evening showing how it came out.
seems to be better, but i havnt had the chance to test it yet.

ya, wish i could of got the shocks but.... they ll get here.

Ok, my 2nd unit should be here early next week. so i decided i would start upgrading the one i have already.

I have some parts coming, so some things will be done when they show up.
but for now, i did a few things.

pulled the stock steering servo and installed a Futaba S9452 Ditital servo with 143 in/oz of torque at .11 speeds. i tightened the servo saver springs around the servo horn to set the wheel straight, but only allow for minimal spring compression. on the opposite side i took a Tamiay TT-01 blue aluminum shock, removed the spring, adjuster, and bottom spring perch. installed a longer end with swival ball. Had to create a stand off so the shock would not bind up or hit the chassis while turning. cleared it out and installed 20w fork oil in it. on the bench it seems to be very smooth. the new servo really moves the forks now, and with the tight spring on the servo arm, it has just enough movement to bounce just a few mm.

DSCN6132.jpg
DSCN6133.jpg
DSCN6134.jpg

I may need to insall a longer Tmaxx shock shaft to get a bit bettery action from it.

also got a new Rider signed on. Never thought i'd see Trixie So Sexcited.
DSCN6130.jpg
DSCN6129.jpg

parts coming are alloy swing arm, front hubs (will get suspension support(crashback) and front forks later). Steel Spur gear, stiff rear shock spring (will go thru the shock again when i install the spring, paying attention to the eclip under the piston).

also have a LiFe pack to build for it and see if i can stuff it into the selected location. also have a Feigao 4643KV motor ill be installing. think im going to buy a CC Mamba ESC for it. i need to relocate the esc soon, so the CC may be a bit easier to fit. i have a Mtroniks Genesys Pro, but its poop out and needs to go across the pond to the UK for service)

some other things to get done as well. but one thing at a time. hope the parts make it tomorrow, but don't expect them till monday.

Last edited:
your going to have to tell your new driver to take his Honda colors off and change into his Yamaha. Oh, and make sure you don't let Trixie near the dressing room.:clown:

Looks good Tim !!!

I killed Ricky yesterday out bashing around. Broke his head in three pieces RIP :D

Now I am looking for another .... or at least a head :D I liked the way the bike rode with him on it, seemed to transition into corners a lot better. I cannot believe how tough these things are !!! Waiting for the parts to come off back order and get them on the bike, already ordered a new body/plastics and some sliders but that is all the damage from a great day of bashing it around !!!

thanks. its made more progress this weekend, but wont be much for pics or info till after MotoRama next weekend. i have some of the parts that should be here from tower and LSRC tomorrow for it. i ll post a few pics of the newer parts, but wont be able to show the mods just yet. have to be sure they work as expected first.

well i got 2 boxes out of 3 today. got my tower stuff and my LSRC stuff minus the back ordered oil dampener, which i may not need now anyways. yay, store credit. lol

but from tower i got the upgraded hubs, the rear swing arm, steel spur, a pair of 1/8th badlands to try (didnt fit the best with the foam, may try with out it later), and a set of front chrome (but they are black in the bag?) front shock springs.

from LSRC i picked up a 15t pinion HD rear shock spring and a hitech 5755 for the hooters baja.

enough of the chitchat, onto the pics. there is a pic of the stock unloaded steel gyro and Modified RCs fully loaded Lightened gyro also. no scale to weigh.

DSCN6151.jpg
DSCN6159.jpg
DSCN6165.jpg
DSCN6166.jpg
DSCN6168.jpg
DSCN6170.jpg
DSCN6171.jpg
DSCN6172.jpg
DSCN6174.jpg
DSCN6175.jpg

so the fork hubs are on, rear swing arm is on (bearings go in Tight. i suggest freezing the bearings and warming the arm up to 180ish * to insert them easily. i used a small table top vise, and it concerned be a bit getting them in.

Modified Lightened Gyro with all the weights.
rear hd spring, was a little bit better, but a i re incerted the traxxas slash slip on adjuster, and its really nice now, firm but not too firm, no sag at all. smooth rear suspension. should work much better. (which i would of got the front forks too.

im hopeing to get a test run on it to see how it is tomorrow. but gotta finish up the other 2 bajas for MotoRama this weekend.

on a bonerus note, i plugged in my Mronics Genesys Pro esc and its working fine!!!

I havnt seen Trixie or Ricky since he got here. damn kids anyways. lol

Looks great Timmahh. I have one sitting in my Tower cart....waiting to pull the trigger. Not sure what my wait is, but I'm waiting. I really want to try something different and I think this is what I'm looking for. I like that lightened flywheel, I was looking at that on 2wheelhobbies last night.

check some of your LHS's. my LHS got me mine a bit over 300 out the door. (taxes)

seen a fla hobby shop put 2 new units on ebay for 289 bin free shipping. i wasnt fast enough. lol

have a few thing need to get done to it today before i can take it for a spin.

I signed up for the Tower Super Saver club for 10 bucks. Knock 60 bucks off of the price after it's in the cart (339.99) with the super saver online coupon and it brings it down to 279.99 with free shipping. So not too bad.

What's this Local Hobby Shop thing you speak of? ;)

Ordered it last night! Curious to see what this will be like. I haven't ordered any of the upgrades for it yet. I'm going to mess with it and see if I even enjoy running it first. Looks like if I do, there will be a lot of optional parts. :)

thats good. maybe i should do the same. still haven't heard my lhs has got me one. i was surprised at the price i can get them for considering.

but 280 shipped is a great price. may have on fall into my cart when the front shocks come in.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks