add another DX450 owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the shipping is too high (over 9 bucks for 2 parts?). Doesn't look like Tower carries HR at all. They need a USPS option for shipping.

ya I just order a lot of parts. shipping is much more here but comes very fast. I think I pay close to what tower charges. that's $20 min for me. if Bruce had more dx goodies... but I want some more bling soon for the TTR's so I'll grab the HR stuff same time

cost me 20 shipping from tower for my one ways so I ordered some hop ups too or it is hurting

Just put together the alloy shocks today. Those %$#$#@damned "G" clips. The first shock, it popped right into place. The second shock, I shot all three off into orbit. Had to bend a staple to recreate a "G" clip. Cripe. I wish Tower would get the damn rebuild clips in.

Finally have mine on it's way to me. Lot of great info in this thread, thanks for all the pics Timmahh. Nice to see you here too Chris!

aye, they (Gclips) are a severe pain in the man muscle!

got to be a better way somehow.

got another run on the bike today. lost my first pair of screws on the axles. lost one rear and the plastic spacer and one front, and its spacer. used a few make poop items until i could get back home. now i need to clean it up, re do the tracking spacers and the front spacer. sounds like im off tomorrow atm, if its nice out, im going to try to get some more run time in.

Holy Cow, Dubsak is here! Good to have you here Don!

I'm probably going to order a couple rebuild kits from Formby. No one in the states has the damn things. They also have the metal planetary gears in stock as well. I haven't even run the damn thing yet!

Got my steering set up, put the damper steering set on it and moved the old steering linkage to the other side. It really gets rid of the "play" in the steering (the microdan way).

Deanodized the gold stuff yesterday too.

My 4 year old came up to me in the living room and said "I found this funny looking thing", he found one of the launched G-Clips, so now I have one extra! I probably better take apart the shock with the modified G-Clip staple. :p

Here are a couple pics, I really did a piss poor job on the decals:

IMG_8153.jpg

IMG_8156.jpg

looks good. poop i only used a couple numbers from my decals. haven't used the rest at all. lol not yet anyways. the HPI rider would look great on there. I need to get my 2nd one ordered. just want to confirm we have some worked staked up.

looks good. poop i only used a couple numbers from my decals. haven't used the rest at all. lol not yet anyways. the HPI rider would look great on there. I need to get my 2nd one ordered. just want to confirm we have some worked staked up.

Thanks! Yeah, HPI Steve will look a million times better. I want to get used to driving this thing first before I put him on there. I also have to figure out how to attach him.

Went ahead and ordered the shock rebuild kits and the metal planetary gears from Formby today. :)censored: G clips)

I'm going to have to mess around with the battery box tonight to get those dang lipos to fit better.

I ordered the metal planetary gear and main gear when I ordered 2 new one ways. tower had them in stock when I ordered

Chris, the silver to me looks so much better than gold. I want the oil forks some day, but I will wait. I see an SC8e in my shopping cart right now... $75 off and a $60 coupon code hehe. gotta have 2 electrics to race as I hate standing around. I'll bring the dx450 to races but unless we get 4 min to race it won't happen

I ordered the metal planetary gear and main gear when I ordered 2 new one ways. tower had them in stock when I ordered

Chris, the silver to me looks so much better than gold. I want the oil forks some day, but I will wait. I see an SC8e in my shopping cart right now... $75 off and a $60 coupon code hehe. gotta have 2 electrics to race as I hate standing around. I'll bring the dx450 to races but unless we get 4 min to race it won't happen

Did you order the SC8e? Sweet deal, I love the 60 dollar off Tower coupons. I'm a big fan of just plain old silver. I end up scratching the hell out of the anodized stuff so I'm better off just dropping the alloy in some greased lightning. Since I flubbed up my good one way bearing, I was down to one so I ordered two more from Tower. I worry that this summer they will be low on parts for this thing. I can't freakin wait to get this thing running. I think this weekend may be the right time! :cool2:

I am reducing the gyro weight. I got the modified rc gyro too. I will just stay out of really loose dirt. then the one ways should last.. I still haven't pulled the trigger on the sc8e but now that I detailed a truck yesterday and going back to do 2 more today, that pays the toy off (and it's payday Friday so who cares... need more toys)... it'll be a while befor the venom is released. I also want one of those zh racing 1/8 bikes

I am reducing the gyro weight. I got the modified rc gyro too. I will just stay out of really loose dirt. then the one ways should last.. I still haven't pulled the trigger on the sc8e but now that I detailed a truck yesterday and going back to do 2 more today, that pays the toy off (and it's payday Friday so who cares... need more toys)... it'll be a while befor the venom is released. I also want one of those zh racing 1/8 bikes

I want to get that gyro someday as well. I noticed anderson has come out with a wheelie bar, aluminum chain spacers and some new tires. I wonder if Tower will ever get this stuff in?

That zh racing bike is very cool. I hope I really like the DX (someday, when the weather isn't sucking, I'll be able to run it). I still have to somehow get my lipos to fit. So far, it isn't looking good. I'll have to pull off the shrink and figure out a way to run the wires better. Dangit.

http://www.andersonmodel.com/products/products_show.php?language=_eng&pid=2283&cid=32&offset=1

http://www.andersonmodel.com/products/products_show.php?language=_eng&pid=2284&cid=32&offset=1

http://www.andersonmodel.com/products/products_show.php?language=_eng&pid=2288&cid=32&offset=1

http://www.andersonmodel.com/products/products_show.php?language=_eng&pid=2287&cid=32&offset=1

http://www.andersonmodel.com/products/products_show.php?language=_eng&pid=2289&cid=32&offset=1

Since I was on tower hobbies, I had gotten an email (club member discount) $75 off an sc8e... so I pulled the trigger. 60 coupon code as well and I get $10 off shipping. why not. easy pay 3 monthly payments...

I decided I needed a pack of the rear axle screws to be safe since I lost one allready... looking through the dx450 crap I found this steering damper http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXYKA9&P=ML so added that to the cart as well... cool they did it all on easy pay.. $105 a month for 3 months zh will have to wait now... I hope the damper works ok. $10 is sure cheap enough

Since I was on tower hobbies, I had gotten an email (club member discount) $75 off an sc8e... so I pulled the trigger. 60 coupon code as well and I get $10 off shipping. why not. easy pay 3 monthly payments...

I decided I needed a pack of the rear axle screws to be safe since I lost one allready... looking through the dx450 crap I found this steering damper http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXYKA9&P=ML so added that to the cart as well... cool they did it all on easy pay.. $105 a month for 3 months zh will have to wait now... I hope the damper works ok. $10 is sure cheap enough

I think you'll really like the damper. It seems to work pretty good.

Good deal on that sc8e!

Just got mine today, but my batteries haven't gotten here yet. Got my modifiedrc gyro the other day, so I'm gonna try to install that pretty soon. Can't wait!
100_0709.jpg

Just got mine today, but my batteries haven't gotten here yet. Got my modifiedrc gyro the other day, so I'm gonna try to install that pretty soon. Can't wait!

Looking good!!! :cool2: I just modded my battery tray tonight to fit those damned lipos I purchased. Lots of cutting and grinding. That gyro is next on my list. Hoping to run the darn thing on Friday. I think this weekend is pretty much shot to do much outside.

Looking good!!! :cool2: I just modded my battery tray tonight to fit those damned lipos I purchased. Lots of cutting and grinding. That gyro is next on my list. Hoping to run the darn thing on Friday. I think this weekend is pretty much shot to do much outside.

What did you do to it? I have a couple of the turnigy 2s 5200mah 30c/40c lipos on the way, and that battery box definitely looks a little tight. I hope they fit without many problems.

What did you do to it? I have a couple of the turnigy 2s 5200mah 30c/40c lipos on the way, and that battery box definitely looks a little tight. I hope they fit without many problems.

I had to grind a little bit here and there. My problem was the batteries have the wires coming out of the top on the side. I'll post a pic of what I did to get them to fit. Don't panic though.

I purchased these:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9496

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=8912

ya im looking a the Turnigy 5000mah hard cases. wires come out the top, and they look quite thin in teh pics. should fit well. hell even the 3S look like they ll fit.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks