adding a Reed block any help or increase in power ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzzkill

Mad?scientist
Just curious , Ive had non reed and reed motors in all kinds of things ( carts, bikes, jet skis etc. ) I know they help smooth out the power band and can add power , does adding a reed block to a non reed motor make any sense ?

I did a search on here and didnt find anything but on google a thread popped up, Ya I kinda got that not so good just adding a reed block

just wait for @Seandonato73 to chime in he will give you the most spot on advice you can get..ive seen a thread and since these are piston port engines they almost cancel out and it still acts like a piston port engine..you have 2 things trying to do the same thing and since its piston port the piston port side of the engine will prevail

So there's a guy or 2 on fb that added these bolt in Reeds to their motor. And what they said is , after porting the engine for that reed, they saw an increase in top end. Just bolting it onto a stock motor or a motor not modified for that reed it will not do anything. I'd just buy a reed motor like douggy fresh said though, and save yourself some BS ?‍♂️

Read post 13... already covered that ?‍♂️
No you just said don't bother. Biased opinion. Easy there turbo. No no need to get sassy and triggered like a male karen.
I get it. "Bought not built" is the style here. Want to build a race engine? Pick one Off the shelf. Lol. People these days are too lazy.

easy there bud, sean has plenty of experience in engine building , possibly more than you :whistle::giggle:
why go through all the hassle of porting their engine, and possibly screwing it up, when they can buy something that is already done by professionals, and will probably outperform the homemade job anyways , for about the same price? thats my outlook.

Here I'll repost the part you didnt bother to read.
. But if your not comfortable taking a grinder to your piston and block don't bother with it.
few people will grab a dremel, drill, grinder or anything and take it to the inside of an engine. So with all due respect fiddlestick off.

LMFAO OK OK OK Kids calm down !!! I have NO intention of doing my own porting ! never have I do leave that to the pros , always have. IF I want more I buy More , for now this motor is fine for learning etc. Hell I can barely drive these damn things ( get the steering mixed up , any TIPS or TRICKS ???

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks