Advice PLEASE PLEASE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

widiauk

Hi guys
New to forum so hi to all

I have just brought a FG Monster truck which is a move up from Nitro but there are few questions i would like help with.

1 Steering servo gone Any recommendations on a replacement ?

2 Cleaning air filter what do you guys use?

3 2 Stroke oil can anyone recommend a make to use?

And last but not least anything other advise you can give would be very appreciated..

M

Hi guys

I have just brought a FG Monster truck which is a move up from Nitro but there are few questions i would like help with.

And last but not least anything other advise you can give would be very appreciated..

M

Firstly welcome matey,

You will get different advice,but im using rhino servo for the steering,if you have a standard foam filter, once there knackered i would just replace them with new ones pre oiled,or oil them yourself if there not pre oiled.The only oil i use is racing venom 2 stroke oil,gold bottle.

In answer to your last question....the list goes on!! best thing to do is check out the threads on here,and the other guys will all help you.

Happy bashing:2guns:

Mate
Thanks ever so much for your reply i don't suppose you have a model number for the Rhino servo do you?

Cheers

Mark

Mate
Thanks ever so much for your reply i don't suppose you have a model number for the Rhino servo do you?

Cheers

Mark

no probs...

one on ebay second hand at the mo £40 item 270503084138,these are £79.99 new,but the best!

First upgrade if you want more power is an exhaust mate,ive got a jetpro v2 if your interested,would give you great gains in power.

If your running standard foam filters you should use an outerwears pre filter,it keeps all the dirt etc well off the filter.

Hi guys

M

hi and welcome buddy :cool2:

i use hitec servos in mine, plenty of torque and slightly cheeper than the rhinos.

as westy says with the filters just replace, only about £7 for 2 from rossendale models.

as for the 2 stroke oil i used the gold venom for ages without any problems but i rebuilt my engine and was advised to go with the silver venom as it fully synthetic

these are just my opinions and others may say different :cool2:

I also have hitec servo's & run the gold venom. My filter is the K&N type (was on when I bought it) but with an oiled foam pre-filter over the top.

Interesting view on the 2 stroke oil........never even give it a thought........is ANY 2 stroke oil not good enough ?
May sound like a dumb question but if its good enough for a motor bike engine is it not good enough for our cars ?

And welcome widiauk

Guys thanks for your kind replys.

I have just ordered some Venom to run so thats done thanks to your great advise.

What model Hitech servos do you gutys run as the one thats broken IE drive stripped is a Hi tech HS-635HB.

Was this just unlucky

Thanks again for all your help

Mark

Charlieboy Thanks for the link dude but it has a fail safe i believe it the FG option is that the same sort of thing?

Cheers
Mark

Hi Widiauk, have you any pics of the MT as we can see from them if you will need any extras.
I use a pre filter which goes over my standard foam filter which i bought DDM and filter oil (spray can version).
I've got another new pre-filter which is going on ebay after xmas.

Hi jackobyte
Pics will go up later today as far as i know its all standard ...
Is there a PDF manual for stripdowns and rebuilds anywhere .
Looked on the FG website and cant find one..

M

Guys thanks for your kind replys.

I have just ordered some Venom to run so thats done thanks to your great advise.

What model Hitech servos do you gutys run as the one thats broken IE drive stripped is a Hi tech HS-635HB.

Was this just unlucky

Thanks again for all your help

Mark

Throttle servo is a Hitec 645 MG. Cant remember what steering servos are (dual servo set-up). Willl have to have a look :blush:

Interesting view on the 2 stroke oil........never even give it a thought........is ANY 2 stroke oil not good enough ?
May sound like a dumb question but if its good enough for a motor bike engine is it not good enough for our cars ?

And welcome widiauk

There is a thread on 2 stroke oil in the engine section I think. Have a read of that & it will give you an idea of what everyone else is using.

Charlieboy Thanks for the link dude but it has a fail safe i believe it the FG option is that the same sort of thing?

Cheers
Mark

hi bud the only thing your failsafe will protect your buggy against is signal loss but if the battery feeds is disconnected or gets too low you buggy wont stop if it takes off and with the size of these things and the speed they can get up to the last thing you want is it takin off on it's own, i know mine did and it had a failsafe fitted. the kill switch works in a different way as it kills the engine, so if you loose signal it kills the engine, if the batteries get low in the trans or reciever it kills the engine and so on i've never had a problem of my buggy takin off since i fitted my switch, it's up to you if you fit one mate but if it does ever take off it wont stop till it hits somethin or someone :no::no:

Just got a Hitec one thanks for the link Charlieboy.

I need to adjust the brakes ect so i need to find the instructions in PDF...

M

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks