After Run, Good Practices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josegarcia8578

Hello all,

New to the 1/5th scale! I was wondering what are some good practices for post run? Should the tank be emptied? How about the lines/bulb? Should I drain those if not running for a week? How would I do that, if that's the case?

Or is it ok to leave gas in the system for a week?

I was reading that then engine should not be ran out of gas.

Overall looking for good practices for post run. Thanks in advanced!

After each run, repack the parachute and a complete engine rebuild.
quarter mile.jpg

I dust mine off with an air compressor and wipe off any fuel residue on the tank. Some guys do the mesh mod on the crankcase, I do the Outerwears crank cover and stater cover. Makes it easy to clean with a blast of air.

As far as your concerns about fuel in the lines, don't sweat it unless you are working on your rig in the house. I have weedeaters that sit dormant for seven months and a 20 year old chainsaw that gets used once a year at hunting camp. Each of them are put away with fuel.
Here is my secret to no worries.
Sta-bil

After each run, repack the parachute and a complete engine rebuild.
View attachment 51422

I dust mine off with an air compressor and wipe off any fuel residue on the tank. Some guys do the mesh mod on the crankcase, I do the Outerwears crank cover and stater cover. Makes it easy to clean with a blast of air.

As far as your concerns about fuel in the lines, don't sweat it unless you are working on your rig in the house. I have weedeaters that sit dormant for seven months and a 20 year old chainsaw that gets used once a year at hunting camp. Each of them are put away with fuel.
Here is my secret to no worries.
Sta-bil
I have never drained/purged my fuel in any thing mowers/wakers rc rigs:unsure:(y)

I’ve left fuel in my 5T’s for months, they crank right up every time....

I easily get 40-50’min runs on just ONE tank, so a GALLON of pre mix gasoline at times can last me 2-3 months.
-I store the fuel in a RED FUEL CAN stored in a A/c control room. Haven’t had any issues ever.

As for cleaning, a good Air compressor does the trick.

If I run thru mud or wet areas i re grease areas with a DRY grease that comes in a spray can. Works great!

I sprayed my 5iveT’s with a 9H ceramic coating, this has made maintenance sooo much easier.

Wd40 is a degreaser so it will du out your bearings (n) so on other parts just not bearings(y)
I understand that WD40 will also happily displace the lube in the bearings and also leave a nice film on everything to attract dust. People seem to recommend GT85 instead. Don't use it myself, i just blow the dust off and occasionally wash everything down with mucoff them regrease all the booted parts. The only thing I do regularly is check and clean the air filter and wash out the pipe to the carb if needed.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks