AKA: Swampkings build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TravisT

I guess I'll start a build thread and try to keep you guys up to date. I'm waiting on my package to arrive Tuesday.....
Thanks GFR on delivering me the goods with a Trevor Simpson hand built himself reed case!
ysy2yte5.jpge3aneve9.jpg9umary4a.jpgsa5yte7y.jpg
I also have in the mail via DDM's black Friday sale!-----
Air Filter DDM Billet BLUE
DDM Gas Cap for BAJA - Blue
Dual Screen "Crap Trap" In-line Fuel Filter
Vertigo Steel Pinion gear (fits VP Losi Hex drive clutch bell) - 19 Tooth
Vertigo Hex Drive Vented Clutch Bell for Losi 5ive
Turtle Racing HD Clutch Bell Carrier for Losi 5ive - SilverLaughterbach Adjustable OFFROAD 4-Shoe Billet 54mm Clutch Pull Start Cover - OW BlueOuterwares 3 x 2.5" BLUE"Bumble Bee/Super Bee Remote LED - Green/Killer RC "Super Bee" Failsafe/Kill Switch Combo
DT1 Outer Triple Stage filter w/Super Seal Base for Losi 5ive

In the meantime while I wait, I went ahead and plastidipped my wheels all black and debating if I should move/modify my KC bumper on top the roof for a more true "Baja style" IMO.
I didn't officially mount them yet, what you guys think?
Before:7y5a7a2u.jpgve7ybuvu.jpg
After (still debating): I LIKE though,
ujega7yr.jpga5uzu2un.jpg
If I do mount them on the roof, I was going to trim the outer edges sticking out. What you guys say?

Last edited:
Just adapted the front bumper light bar to roof after trimming the light bar a bit! Was going to install a RIGID led bar that REALLY throws out light but thatll come later. I like noticing my Ford grill too better now ;)
That was cake.....
zutetequ.jpgpypu7e4u.jpgzy6ebepu.jpg

Last edited:
I found this spring in my man cave while working on my nitro on the carpet. Can anyone better point me to where this spring could have come from on the losi5....
agyvuras.jpguzu8arav.jpg

Come on DDM/GFR! UPS is becoming to be family on days like today ;) ,Happy Thanksgiving fellas!

WOW! Ups arrived early yesterday so I was able to get the motor in. FIRST OFF, Thanks GFR converting THIS BOY to REED! I hadn't had but one whole tank of break in and I can tell its going to be a beast!!
THANKS DDM:
enamuja4.jpg
Here's a few pics

zada5ehe.jpgtagybu6y.jpgyqerybed.jpg
Installed the 4-shoe @9500 RPM (I think, lol) Shaped like a revolver, pretty kewl! 2yzu6upe.jpg
8a6e4u9y.jpgtavebe3e.jpge9a9ude2.jpgthe pipe sure is a nice piece!7atutyhe.jpg
ahaquved.jpg
Body fit perfectly snugy2yzy7eh.jpg
bequqyma.jpgjuqyrequ.jpg

Last edited:
Changed the look a little bit while I wait for break in to complete...
ezyvudev.jpgete3ejav.jpg
CAN someone tell me if I can fit these HOSTILLE MX tires baja rear fit all around on my stock BL?
adu6yza2.jpgy2eva2e2.jpg

Last edited:
Here's the first start up......
Check out this video on YouTube:

Last edited by a moderator:
After throttle position was adjusted accordingly. Beginning of Second tank Break in before letting off to 1-2 mph speeds, ect....
Check out this video on YouTube:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks GFR!
4e5a4unu.jpg
Wish KING had these for our 5th scalers ytuzejyv.jpg. Be unique and finish the truck off in reality terms like they offer for the 1/10

Anyone know what's up with this pull start cord on this BZM setup?? Looks like they might have rigged up an easier start assembly when the body goes on maybe??
qy9ymu8u.jpg

A piece of webbed flex pipe is what it looks like. Some people just use some hose from hardware stores.

THE Delivery WAIT BEGINS.....gotta love it, I'm sure glad I got a delivery woman with all the drop offs I have, LoL. Def. bonding I think;)....while I'm waiting for my Futaba system to arrive from Another member here, I'm debating ordering Gofasterracing.com's dual servo setup! Think imma be setup after SPEAKING with GFR though, :)
Thinking Hitech servos ......

Thank ya, thank yas! I have a buddy wanting a Futaba system too. Can't wait to get mine so I can test out my new found power! Haha

Dual GFR Servo Tray assembled/shipped! I went with HiTec HS 5765's (2).....
Thanks GFR for help making my build an even more BOLT ON and go assembly (to my specs, lol)! .......Can't wait to get this tray installed!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks