AKA: Swampkings build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used button heads on the clutch side motor mounts and used the stock 19 tooth spacers on the back 2 motor mounts for now until Demon can get me the correct spacers for the front.

I am a bit confused. If you used the stock 19t chassis inserts on the back 2 motor mounts, then the engine should be straight and it should be possible to use same inserts on the front, or am i missing something here????

Did you have to modifie the inserts?

It does line up ALMOST but it's off like 1/16 of an inch ON THE MESHING in front. Your now dealing with 2 gears to mesh up correctly and if you give the stock teeth spacers a thought, 19 is exactly in the middle of the 17/21 gears. That's why they almost match. The stock spacers just doesn't give you ANY ADJUSTMENTS to properly mesh the front so that's why you almost need button heads until demon starts addressing the spacers. DON'T LET THIS STOP YOU! This 2-speed really is a thrill to control. I now don't have to rely on just the brakes to pitch the front AND my rear. Instead a simple tap of the brakes coming into the corners and a quick tap of the throttle to swing the rear around quickly/ effortlessly. I can't seem to get the GoPro to record constantly. Seems like it records in bursts. Trying to figure the damn thing out. Any help would benefit you guys.

Yes, they should have made inserts that comes with the tranny, should be a simple task for them.

And there is no information/picture posted from Demonrc or Largescalerc who sells them about how to mount the engine for right mesh. I think most people think is just plug and play with the stock inserts.:(

Last time i wrote to them i did advice them to make right inserts, but they did not tell me that they were planing to make the inserts. I just hope i doesn`t take them 3 monts to do that. Do you know when?

Don't know when but this isn't as big an issue as u think. It's bolted down and can't go anywheres. I did get a confirmation about spacers. For a first production of a 2-speed, DEMON nailed it! Only item I asked about is will they ever try to design a 2-speed slip differential to offer options for others to get in on as well. I think half us losi5 owners are hardcore center diff loving enthusiasts as well. Only way I'll go back to a diff is if I start breaking shyit enough to say its not worth it. So far so good though!! Will try a second attempt with the GoPro later today. Lol

No, same as our stock assembly but 2-speed. A thought to making every style driver happy. ;). After only A week of very semi driving, I'm so far loving the locker though. It just pulls!!

Last edited:
No, same as our stock assembly but 2-speed. A thought to making every style driver happy. ;). After only A week of very semi driving, I'm so far loving the locker though. It just pulls!!

I don`t think thats possible on L-5T, only on the MCD and other cars that have the same "gear assembly".

On MCD the power goes from engine to gear assembly and then to the center diff.

But on the L-5T it goes directly from the engine to the center diff, and the gears are mounted directly on the c-diff. Also since the the 2 speed needs internal parts to work and the center diff needs the same, then there is no room for both.

Braces/Skids-ChEcK!
Just waiting on Losi to send me warranty replacement steering servo so I can run LIpo.

Last edited:
I had no choice after slamming straight into my neighbors mailbox. Totally user error. The 2-speed/Trevor Simpson was just that fast. Lol. 6y3utame.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, tomorrow.....later today as yesterday I just got it back together. I hope everything goes as planned too, Sorry guys....

Bad weather in my region leaves me dead in the water on vids today. My luck!!

Great vid! I never opened up my diff. Pretty legit. I have the video of me running into the mailbox. U can't see me hit due to it being filmed stationary on the iPad as I zoomed by. Lol. I'll try to upload it from my iPad when I get an Internet connect.

Last edited:
Fixed the truck Friday ! Just waiting for weather / time to permit me to run her.....AND NOT INTO A STUPID MAILBOX EITHER! Lol
Fixed Better than before of course! But then again guys, if you all seen how hard this thing hit. You would be amazed at JUST the braces being damaged. Of course the steering saver arms, the screws that slot into the chassis, the counter-sink heads snapped Rite off as well. Lol. Luckily I was able to grind using a dremel to slot what was remaining and used a flat head screw driver to back out the remaining threaded ends out.
Blue Turtle Racing® chassis braces, DDM Racing® top chassis brace.
usajujun.jpgta2eqe8u.jpg
Full force metal skids front/rear for bottom strengthening
ju5ugyqa.jpg
GOING LIPO if Horizon would hurry dey azzez with my warranty steering servo! Lolvevyma9u.jpg

Last edited:
Looking very nice mate.

Now get it dirty!!

Al.

Hahaha, IT'S SOAKING WET OVER HERE Too!!! :-( pissin me off now....I been waiting to run the damn thing since Friday night. Lol

Just got an answere back from Largescalerc about chassis inserts for the 2 speed tranny. He said that we could use the Losi 19.5T inserts for the tranny.

http://www.largescalerc.com/enginemountinsertsandscrews1955845ive-t.aspx

SWEEETTTTT!!! Thank u for the great info! To tell u the truth, I never looked into the inserts bc it was never that bothersome to me. Now that largescale has their shipment, he can give us more precise info. I didn't wanna order all these inserts without being able to use them and having to waste money u know. I really appreciate your concerns getting me that info though. Your on the Losi 5t forum too?

I had a account on the losi 5t forum for mabey 2 weeks i think, but i cant log in anymore, don't know why.

The reason i have been concerned about the inserts, is because demonrc has done i great job with the tranny and i really whant to buy one. But i just don't like adjutable mesh and i hate when i have to do mods to make the upgrade parts fit on the car. I just whant to buy parts that fit the car 100%. Plus the engine mounting points on the losi chassis are just to weak without the inserts.

I have also sent an email back to largescalerc and asked him if he used 4 of the 19,5T inserts, if he had to do some mods and how the mesh is on the 1st and 2nd gear with the 19,5T inserts?

I hope to get answere from him on Monday.

I had a account on the losi 5t forum for mabey 2 weeks i think, but i cant log in anymore, don't know why.

The reason i have been concerned about the inserts, is because demonrc has done i great job with the tranny and i really whant to buy one. But i just don't like adjutable mesh and i hate when i have to do mods to make the upgrade parts fit on the car. I just whant to buy parts that fit the car 100%. Plus the engine mounting points on the losi chassis are just to weak without the inserts.

I have also sent an email back to largescalerc and asked him if he used 4 of the 19,5T inserts, if he had to do some mods and how the mesh is on the 1st and 2nd gear with the 19,5T inserts?

I hope to get answere from him on Monday.

The 19.5 solves the issue. Spoke to scott yesterday. They did a couple of installs and after inserting the 19.5s found yhe mesh to be perfect.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks