Allrightythen , Mr. Vekta5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that's right! I have the same engine with the Barty pipe. The way everyone talks about how heavy this truck is I wouldn't have thought the 32 would move it but it moves it pretty well.(y)
The mega gear set gives it more low end and the larger tires give it more top end speed.
I't was designed to run equal with the stock setup, but I think it has more low end torque and top end speed verses the stock Vekta.

Did u just add another kraken servo ? Is there a power splicer involved here and did u use full force bracket kit , did u have to trim battery box ? I ask these cuz I'm doing the double servo deal next week , this is great ! Being able to speak to folks about my stuff that nobody I no even understands , and I'm starting to feel that way with the shops around here too !! Stupid fool at one of them , when I put it on the counter he immediately said oh ! Got Japanese vehicals did u ? Almost went over the counter to rearrange his shots???

Did u just add another kraken servo ? Is there a power splicer involved here and did u use full force bracket kit , did u have to trim battery box ? I ask these cuz I'm doing the double servo deal next week , this is great ! Being able to speak to folks about my stuff that nobody I no even understands , and I'm starting to feel that way with the shops around here too !! Stupid fool at one of them , when I put it on the counter he immediately said oh ! Got Japanese vehicals did u ? Almost went over the counter to rearrange his thots???

Howdid u get two installed , that's a real mind crime there !! Awesome ! I think I will call Steve at ddm and get all the part #s and forget the preliminaries , I think I'm on the right track financially ,,, I'm getting another kraken servo before I blow my stock one it works well but I can see the limits it has for sure , I don't understand this avatar question , sorry , is that another word for peramatah ?

Howdid u get two installed , that's a real mind crime there !! Awesome ! I think I will call Steve at ddm and get all the part #s and forget the preliminaries , I think I'm on the right track financially ,,, I'm getting another kraken servo before I blow my stock one it works well but I can see the limits it has for sure , I don't understand this avatar question , sorry , is that another word for peramatah ?
If you look under my pic(avatar) it states my location. Where are you located? Looks like he only added a rear servo mount. Looks like the front servo and front mounts of the rear servo mount to the radio box. Here are some pics of my setup.

Attachments

• 15458631955128542919135024670256.jpg
    15458631955128542919135024670256.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 15458632909003958579129294833390.jpg
    15458632909003958579129294833390.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 8
Did u just add another kraken servo ? Is there a power splicer involved here and did u use full force bracket kit , did u have to trim battery box ? I ask these cuz I'm doing the double servo deal next week , this is great ! Being able to speak to folks about my stuff that nobody I no even understands , and I'm starting to feel that way with the shops around here too !! Stupid fool at one of them , when I put it on the counter he immediately said oh ! Got Japanese vehicals did u ? Almost went over the counter to rearrange his shots???
Dear Relic-1,
All you need to run the Maxxis tires is the list below.
1. DDM KV103 Mega Torque Gear set $59.99.
2. DDM KV2240 2nd Steering Servo Bracket Kit $29.99
3. DDM KV3323 Kraken Servo $119.00
4. Plug the 2nd servo in your receiver use an Aux channel, you program your controller and the 2nd servo acts as a slave to the main steering servo. Very simple no extra wires or slitters.
Look at all my posts, there is one that show you how to program your controller.
The attached picture shows the setup, works great.
Have Fun!
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.

Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 5.26.47 AM.pngthe setup works great.
IMG_0509.jpg
Cool can you get video of the run? What engine are you running again?

I had my 3rd successful run today.
I shot a short video. Not the best I made it qwick and dirty.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.

Last edited:
Dear Relic-1,
All you need to run the Maxxis tires is the list below.
1. DDM KV103 Mega Torque Gear set $59.99.
2. DDM KV2240 2nd Steering Servo Bracket Kit $29.99
3. DDM KV3323 Kraken Servo $119.00
4. Plug the 2nd servo in your receiver use an Aux channel, you program your controller and the 2nd servo acts as a slave to the main steering servo. Very simple no extra wires or slitters.
Look at all my posts, there is one that show you how to program your controller.
The attached picture shows the setup, works great.
Have Fun!
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.

View attachment 48294the setup works great.
View attachment 48293

I had my 3rd successful run today.
I shot a short video I hope it uploads.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.
P.S. I am having a problem uploading the movie.
I think I need to post it to you tube?
Go william go! plug away at it yoll get there(y)

I've already put the mega torque gears in , I'll b doing the servo deal next week I will look into your video thanx much ! And by the way I live in beutifull Washington state where the hunting is great but some of the meat isn't ! In the jammn town of Spokane
As for recommending thing ,,,, in the 20 or more years of this insanity , I have to say that the longer your in it the more you come to understand that it's not what you buy it's what you build , and adding to that the longer your in in it the more you can't afford the things you have convinced yourself you need , or versy vicey , but yes this vekta is a hobby in it's self , I just wish it had two speed tranny but I'm still good with it ,,,,,well at least until I put in that full mod I seem to think I need ??????

Last edited:
William,

You are a trooper getting your Vekta all sorted! In the end, would you recommend it over any other RC?

My honest answer is the best buy out there is the Losi 5ive -T 2.0. All you need is a tuned pipe.
They dumped that CY crap and when with a Zenoah RC320. It has all the goodies in the stock version.
I own an older Losi 5ive-T and they are less problematic. Kraken was in a hurry to get it in the market, one basic example is not securing the shocks too the posts, one good jump and your shocks pop off. I like the Losi drivetrain over the Vekta's transmission, they could not even make the bearings a press fit in the transmission plates, you have to glue them in and trust me they come loose. I have worked with mechanical engineers assembling Air Tools in the 70's and I feel the Vekta 5 is nothing but a prototype, maybe someday it will be king but not now. I compare the Vekta to a beautiful girlfriend that cheats on you.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.

I litterally debated over those two rigs for a month , constantly checking reviews and reports , checked upgrades , I was never decided except for the different look of the vekta , who says I won't go get the losi too !! My brother needs to race something around too !! As for this shock thing , don't think I don't watch r.c. adventures , I no all about the shock problem and the quick fix , but I haven't had the problem yet
In no way could I think I've got the ultimate r.c. and if anyone thinks they do ,,, think again , there's no such thing , untill you get your new one ?
Really don't think any part of the vekta deserves to be punishments reciprical though

Last edited:
I litterally debated over those two rigs for a month , constantly checking reviews and reports , checked upgrades , I was never decided except for the different look of the vekta , who says I won't go get the losi too !! My brother needs to race something around too !! As for this shock thing , don't think I don't watch r.c. adventures , I no all about the shock problem and the quick fix , but I haven't had the problem yet
In no way could I think I've got the ultimate r.c. and if anyone thinks they do ,,, think again , there's no such thing , untill you get your new one ?
Really don't think any part of the vekta deserves to be punishments reciprical though
Dear Relic-1
Most of my criticism on the Vekta came after the Maxxis conversion. If it is left stock with a few upgrades like the shock retainers, it a great basher.

Kraken has lost there minds, check out the video on the Kraken home page.
90CC RC MAX or RCMAX 90GT on the KV5TT truck.
You need upgrades, lets say a lot just to keep it from blowing up.
I failed to price it out, but we are talking BIG TIME MONEY.
I another risky high priced prototype. "Whats the world coming too"
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.
P.S. I am all talked out and will take a long break from the forum.

Kraken has lost there minds, check out the video on the Kraken home page.
90CC RC MAX or RCMAX 90GT on the KV5TT truck.
You need upgrades, lets say a lot just to keep it from blowing up.
I failed to price it out, but we are talking BIG TIME MONEY.
I another risky high priced prototype. "Whats the world coming too"
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.
P.S. I am all talked out and will take a long break from the forum.
What does long mean ? Also yeah saw that, badass concept, horrible reliablity

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks