Premium members don't see ads. Click here to upgrade.

Allrightythen , Mr. Vekta5

Relic-1

Well after all the negitive jarga about the way the vekta 5 constantly let's folks down in some way ,I gotta tell ya , I've been driveing it a lot , aside from loosing a wheel , found the nut and right back on the track , I've had no problems or breakage , the thing just keeps burning gas and battery , fires right up and is a blast , and by the way those front end upgrades are worth every penny , and thanks to outerwears , really keeps the stuff out ! I'm cleaning and drying them now , that's what got me thinking ,,,,, nothing else to do but check screws and clean O Z M I C !!!!?

Z.hb71

Well after all the negitive jarga about the way the vekta 5 constantly let's folks down in some way ,I gotta tell ya , I've been driveing it a lot , aside from loosing a wheel , found the nut and right back on the track , I've had no problems or breakage , the thing just keeps burning gas and battery , fires right up and is a blast , and by the way those front end upgrades are worth every penny , and thanks to outerwears , really keeps the stuff out ! I'm cleaning and drying them now , that's what got me thinking ,,,,, nothing else to do but check screws and clean O Z M I C !!!!?
wow! great for you bud! (y):cool:

William E Burrows Jr

Dear Relic-1
I am happy for you, sounds like the way high quality 1/5 scales should run.
How many hours of bashing have you logged in so far?
Good luck and have fun!
William E. Burrows Jr.

Relic-1

I put casters, blocks ,another steering servo , put those trepodores away for a while , got those aluminum wheels with some noobby freeks for tires , I've put like ten tanks of gas through it , Wich I no isn't much but this thing is unbelievable , like I've said before , I let off a little on jumps , it lands better and I'm not calling Steve anymore !!!

William E Burrows Jr

I put casters, blocks ,another steering servo , put those trepodores away for a while , got those aluminum wheels with some noobby freeks for tires , I've put like ten tanks of gas through it , Wich I no isn't much but this thing is unbelievable , like I've said before , I let off a little on jumps , it lands better and I'm not calling Steve anymore !!!
Relic-1,
Take it for what it's worth, keep an eye on the bolt that connects the drive shaft to the transmission.
I experience three times that it came loose and tore into my brake pads. I think the heat breaks down the red thread locker.
Presently I drowned it with the red thread locker, it seems to be holding up so far.
Just food for thought.
William E. Burrows Jr.
P.S. I am still bashing with the trepodores and the hell with the problems, it's a whole new performing experience bashing on ruff terrain.
I am going out today to do battle.
IMG_0640.jpg

Last edited:

Relic-1

I will check that drive shaft right freegn now ! Thanx ! So you had no trepadore tear down , that's great ! That's what I added the servo for ,good news

Relic-1

If someone could help with picture posting procedures on here I wood love to show off my vekta tires n wheels

Z.hb71

If someone could help with picture posting procedures on here I wood love to show off my vekta tires n wheels
go down in the bottom left corner were it says "attach files" click that, it will to a screen in ur file explorer, find ur pic(s) click, then it will upload

William E Burrows Jr

Thank u ! I'll give r a try !
I was bashing with my Vekta yesterday, all went well for about 35 minutes, I was bringing it in for a final pit stop and the steering locked up full right. The front of the slave servo move off the bracket. This is a new one for me. No damage to the servo, I retighten both servos. The weight of the front end put stress on the mounting of the servos. Just another thing to keep a eye when running the Maxxis tires.
William E. Burrows Jr.

Relic-1

I just noticed a chip in my new wheels ! Crrraaaaap !IMG_20190428_182439.jpg
A little off topic ,,,, but what is it about this hobby , that waiting for abox to be delivered , regardless of contents , feels like Christmas , when I was 6 ?๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Z.hb71

just the name of the game when bashing man. sucks but you'll get over it in no time. Beautiful vekta BTW relic!!
A little off topic ,,,, but what is it about this hobby , that waiting for abox to be delivered , regardless of contents , feels like Christmas , when I was 6 ?๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜Ž
i know!!!! even if its a small part for my truck im really excited!!!! i feel ya

Last edited:

Relic-1

just the name of the game when bashing man. sucks but you'll get over it in no time. Beautiful vekta BTW relic!!

i know!!!! even if its a small part for my truck im really excited!!!! i feel ya
I just got a nick in the bead ring , we've had a ton of rain , soon as it quits I'm tearing up some mud , just cuz I wanna clean it ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
Oh ya ! Yes I did get those tires , looks like I need to keep those off the pavement , they will disappear right in front of me , but in the dirt they grip really well , as was said before they are soft , need to buy two sets at a time

Last edited:
Premium members don't see ads. Click here to upgrade.