Allrightythen , Mr. Vekta5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well after all the negitive jarga about the way the vekta 5 constantly let's folks down in some way ,I gotta tell ya , I've been driveing it a lot , aside from loosing a wheel , found the nut and right back on the track , I've had no problems or breakage , the thing just keeps burning gas and battery , fires right up and is a blast , and by the way those front end upgrades are worth every penny , and thanks to outerwears , really keeps the stuff out ! I'm cleaning and drying them now , that's what got me thinking ,,,,, nothing else to do but check screws and clean O Z M I C !!!!?

Well after all the negitive jarga about the way the vekta 5 constantly let's folks down in some way ,I gotta tell ya , I've been driveing it a lot , aside from loosing a wheel , found the nut and right back on the track , I've had no problems or breakage , the thing just keeps burning gas and battery , fires right up and is a blast , and by the way those front end upgrades are worth every penny , and thanks to outerwears , really keeps the stuff out ! I'm cleaning and drying them now , that's what got me thinking ,,,,, nothing else to do but check screws and clean O Z M I C !!!!?
wow! great for you bud! (y):cool:

Dear Relic-1
I am happy for you, sounds like the way high quality 1/5 scales should run.
How many hours of bashing have you logged in so far?
Good luck and have fun!
William E. Burrows Jr.

I put casters, blocks ,another steering servo , put those trepodores away for a while , got those aluminum wheels with some noobby freeks for tires , I've put like ten tanks of gas through it , Wich I no isn't much but this thing is unbelievable , like I've said before , I let off a little on jumps , it lands better and I'm not calling Steve anymore !!!

I put casters, blocks ,another steering servo , put those trepodores away for a while , got those aluminum wheels with some noobby freeks for tires , I've put like ten tanks of gas through it , Wich I no isn't much but this thing is unbelievable , like I've said before , I let off a little on jumps , it lands better and I'm not calling Steve anymore !!!
Relic-1,
Take it for what it's worth, keep an eye on the bolt that connects the drive shaft to the transmission.
I experience three times that it came loose and tore into my brake pads. I think the heat breaks down the red thread locker.
Presently I drowned it with the red thread locker, it seems to be holding up so far.
Just food for thought.
William E. Burrows Jr.
P.S. I am still bashing with the trepodores and the hell with the problems, it's a whole new performing experience bashing on ruff terrain.
I am going out today to do battle.
IMG_0640.jpg

Last edited:
Thank u ! I'll give r a try !
I was bashing with my Vekta yesterday, all went well for about 35 minutes, I was bringing it in for a final pit stop and the steering locked up full right. The front of the slave servo move off the bracket. This is a new one for me. No damage to the servo, I retighten both servos. The weight of the front end put stress on the mounting of the servos. Just another thing to keep a eye when running the Maxxis tires.
William E. Burrows Jr.

just the name of the game when bashing man. sucks but you'll get over it in no time. Beautiful vekta BTW relic!!
A little off topic ,,,, but what is it about this hobby , that waiting for abox to be delivered , regardless of contents , feels like Christmas , when I was 6 ????
i know!!!! even if its a small part for my truck im really excited!!!! i feel ya

Last edited:
just the name of the game when bashing man. sucks but you'll get over it in no time. Beautiful vekta BTW relic!!

i know!!!! even if its a small part for my truck im really excited!!!! i feel ya
I just got a nick in the bead ring , we've had a ton of rain , soon as it quits I'm tearing up some mud , just cuz I wanna clean it ????
Oh ya ! Yes I did get those tires , looks like I need to keep those off the pavement , they will disappear right in front of me , but in the dirt they grip really well , as was said before they are soft , need to buy two sets at a time

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks