And so it begins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lauterbacher shocks looks nice man. I`m thinking about replacing my shocks aswell and I am also in the choice between these two shocks.

Anyone who have any comments about the Lauterbacher?

the onraod guys use the Lauterbacher alot from what ive read and i here good things about them, but i cant find the Lauterbacher shock parts.

ive also here good things about the gpm shcoks and part seam more common ?

the gpm seams nice all metal just got to use your stock springs or buy new springs

here is a post i made asking about the shocks

https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=4755

well i got my throttle brake likages sort out im happy with it, i used 2 x fg Throttle Pivot Post Sets (2.1 mm), two 12.9 grade m3 25mm steel bolts and 4 x m3 lock nuts on a double sided hitec alloy servo horn cut and drilled to give me the right travel needed.

100_0649.jpg

100_0650.jpg

well my twin steering set up every time i bolted it on the chassis the servos would fight each other, so i bolted it in and had to adjust on steering rod while every thing was bolt in the truck this has hard and very fidly but its working 100% now and the servos are not fighting each other and working well, very quick set up.

well i ddint sent my rollcage off so ill be able to take it out tomorow for a qucik bash and see how it goes, i weighed it on to difrent scales today one came in at 17.9 and the other at 17.6kg with no fuel in the tank, the scales could be out, so i find some thing else to weigh it with.

i had a little drive on it today in the back yard, with very ritch carb settings the new race ported zen moves out its pulling wheelies on take off and the central hydro brakes work much better then stock fg brakes they pull the truck up well, i did notice a couple of air bubbles in the line after using the brakes a few times so anothe bleed is needed, but they work well.

here a couple of pic,s with the truck finshed for now, after i have a little drive ill send the rollcage off to have a custom steel one made and the new body is getting airbrushed, so all i need now is the front hydros and 8 alloy shocks, and i would like to change the elcon alloy front hubs to fg alloy hubs

any way here are some pictures of the truck with fg mt wheels on

100_0651.jpg

100_0652.jpg

100_0653.jpg

Last edited:
it rained last night so i havnt taken it out yet i waiting for the oval to dry out a bit for taking it out, but i gave it a quick fan in the back yard last night and today with the 668 carb set at 2 h and 1.5 L as she ripped, im looking forward to having a run, ill take a quick vid and post it up, i must say the central hydro brake works well much better then the stock layshaft brake but i still need to give it a bleed as it has a couple of bubbles but even so it works better then stock

but to take it out now down to the oval, i know ill get told off an sent packing :-[

but i thought ill take a couple more pictures befor i bust it ???
its got my old body on that ive cut down since it was all busted from wheelie and jumping

100_0655.jpg

100_0656.jpg

100_0657.jpg

100_0659.jpg

a quick vid of me running in the new race ported g260rc with a 668 carb set at 2 turn out on the hi needle and 1.5 turns out on the low with a ddm top end pipe on my all alloy fg mt i just finshed building, i only got to run a tank thru it as it started pissing down with rain ill have another go tomorow, befor this vid the engine was only run for less then 2 mins in my back yard, once its run in and with a tune i think this will fly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TpUgoxRB-4

Those GPM shocks are good...I have a set on my project....So far the best shocks
for the money...Slawhammer

thanks slawhammer

i got some more shinny crap, some cross braces for the roll cage i payed for these well over 9 weeks ago for the uk they just got here this afternoon

100_0696.jpg

I just noticed, you should buy a set of duratrax firehammer clips for your gas line and run it along your roll cage. Worked great for mine and the clips are cheap.

well I could say those were good gpm shocks ..till I took a good hit on the shock tower..
snap the top right off ..were the pin goes thru the top to hold the shock in the tower...
Plastic cap would have been better .....so keep looking I guess...Slawhammer

I just noticed, you should buy a set of duratrax firehammer clips for your gas line and run it along your roll cage. Worked great for mine and the clips are cheap.

its funny you say that as a while ago i brought 2 packets of carson/smatech fuel line clipes to clipt the fuel lines to the roll cage as they where only $3.95 aud

but after playing around with the lines and installing hi flow fuel line tank kit ( so the lines don't get squished by the fuel tank gromet) i decide to got for much shorter lines, and keep them as low and as straight as i could, so the fuel don't have to get sucks up along the top on the cage.

i like the idea of the lines being low and straight and as short as i can, to keep it as direct as i could to the carb, and so the carb didnt have to suck the fuel all the way round the rollcage and it wouldnt have to suck the fuel as far or as high

well today i got my steel wheel squares with pins for the rear, that was on back order from tps, they are very nice, steel so they should last, they have pins lols so sould be stronger for wheel square damage and they have much larger grub screws on the coroners so this will help also as the stock grub screws are small, so now i have the alloy ones with pins for the front and steel one with pins for the rear.

here are a couple of pic,s of the steel ones

100_0704.jpg

100_0705.jpg

the steel gears ive got on are cat5 steel gears made by cat5 brought from ddm in the usa reasonible cheap, ive read alot of good things about cat5 gears being realy good and so far ive used them on sand and gravel, no wear they will out live many fg stock diff and layshaft gears no worries me thinks, not that stock fg gears are bad.

the cat5 gears ive got fit on just like a stock fg pinion and a stock plastic spur gear and use the stock gear carrier rubbers and gear holder, ive just put fg harder gear holder rubbers on as i could see this being a problem and im also been using the fg alloy gear holder for a while.

there are the ones i got

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.2317/.f

but in looking back if i had it again i would of gone for another gear set up like the fg competion buggiesa nd trucks and gone away from the gear holders that use rubber dampers like this one

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.2880/.f

and use a stock fg pinion and stock fg diff gear

or buy this one and use fg hardend pinions/layshft gears

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.2885/.f

there will be no give in the drive train, but you will not have to wory about gear carrier rubbers (dampers) wearing out and sand and dirt getting in behind the gear holder and wearing it down with the flex from the rubber damperning bushes.

but either way im still happy with my cat5 steel gears they are tuff (heavy) and will last a long time, they are well made and are a good price compared to the other options and it was a good option and the cheapest option that was strong.

They make teflon bushings to replace the rubber dampners on the plastic carrier...
as well as a alloy carrier 60 mm dia for 48 tooth gear for the spur....this works very well for the Cat 5 gears........or like you say go the other carrier that you use screws to hold the spur gear on the carrier.....I have both systems....the cat 5 gears seem to be more beefed up......slawhammer

as from my post int his post im using the alloy carrier 60 mm and cat5 steel gears for 17 tanks i used stock gear carrier dampers, bit soft no dramers, but i can see them wearing out, so now im using the fg hardend rubber gear carrier dampers

so should get many tanks out of them if i got 17 tanks out of the stock rubbers and they are still ok just a bit soft

but i still think since sand can get behind the cat5 gears and chew out the alloy gear carrier the fixed set up with no dampers could be good to fix this problem and if the rubber dampers chew out.

my alloy gear carrier don't look pritty already its a bit chewed out from sand and dirt, also there is a bit of side to side movement, with isnt that cool as i have a hydro brake caliper next to it.

but the cat5 gears are nice and beffy but also bloody heavy for a gear, should last for years and is why i first whent with them for simplisty, price and long lasting

cat5

I ride also with the CAT5 gear combo 16/48T.
Very good gears, stronger than the FG diff and layshaft gears.
I ride it about 2 years with the standard plastic FG gear carrier.
No problems at all.
So the gear is now lighter than with a alloy gear carrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back