And so it begins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
our dollar is getting better every day against the usd, it was very close to even not long ago then the market crashed, once again its cheaper to buy from the usa then australia and europe not far off even with the poor aud against the euro

P1090955.jpg

im thinking of limmo tinting the front window to hide the antenna hole in the front window and i might do the two side windows aswell, i know titn goes ont he inside but its still looks good on the out side, i use to do it to my fish tanks.

and i might add one of these also, for looks, but with no lights

b2.gif

I have been running 2 o rings on my semi since I got it and it holds solid. I put more on at first and tried to move it and no go. I figured that was too tight, might as well just have direct links then

Cool lookin roll bar set up...be a tricked out look..just like the big boy trucks...
got to love it..Slawhammer

a quick update on the truck

i forgot to do the crank case mod when i installed the new race ported g260rc zen motor, so i did it do day

100_0932.jpg

100_0933.jpg

i got the rc4wd alloy ball ends for the truck sorted and its ready to go, i had to have the hitec alloy servo horns slightly fowards to make sure there was no binding, if i had longer m3 bolts and some more m3 lock nuts i could of had the servo horns at 90, but i think this will be fine.

100_0934.jpg

im happy with clutch life in the fg mt even though its an opean clutch, this is what the clutch looks like after 21 full tanks of use on grass and a fiar bit of sand and gravel use, i couldnt do this in my baja 5b with an opean clutch.

100_0931.jpg

I would say the clutch I have has never been replaced. My Bajas has worn more but not much since the swapping around of the pads and not sand running.

with the hpi baja 5bs with an open clutch i used to chew up lots of clutches, sand, dirt and gravel would strip the shoes, so im happy with the wear on this clutch out of the fg mt.

the last 5 tanks there was alot of drag on the diff due to the diff key being to tight, i could bearly turn the wheels by hand as it was so dam tight, i forgot to check it.

i thought that would of stripped the clutch, but it still looks good.

my custom steel cage turned up today, Gazzapro made it, im very happy with it, looks good and its strong i can stand on it ;) this is the first one made, i think there will be others soon ;D and more colours, and some difrent designs, the best thing is its aussie made

100_0991.jpg

100_0992.jpg

100_0993.jpg

100_0994.jpg

100_0995.jpg

i took the truck out for a couple of tanks today, i gave it a little tweek on the low end, no grip on the grass what so ever it was a bit wet, but it was doing some wheelies on the black stuff, so i set it back to a tad over 1 1/4 as i cant steer it when the front wheeiles are up in the air, not bad for 16/48/16/48 gearing, with stock gearing 16/48/14/48 it would be nuts wheeling every where.

its got another exhaust leak on the exhaust manifold these oil all over the motor but stuff it im been hanging to drive it so i kept going, i made a short video on the black stuff i didnt have the romm to let it rip and i was by myself so it was a little hard to film, i just let the camer sit on the boot of the car.

so i ended up having the carb settings a tad over 1.5 high and 1. 1/4 low and its still performing well, a tad ritch as the new plug today is jet back and covered in crap, its started raining again, so ill fix the exhaust leak again, and wait for a better day,and do a retune i know this motor has got more to offer.

the layshaft hyrdrolic brake is locking both rear wheels in the black stuff with 1/8th trigger movment, i never realy noticed it till today as on the grass and dirt as it just locks up , so ill back of the brake epa and adjust the abs feature as its a bit sencitive and locks up to quick.

when you can verly slightly and slowly move the trigger the truck pulls up well when the rear wheels have traction, but if your to qucik to give it brake it just locks ups both rear wheels and slides, you can hear when both rear wheels are locked in the vid, it make s a funny noise.

any way here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3qYDxDLwUU

That is a sweet truck you have there. It is a big investment (time and money)but truly worth it. Keep up the good work.

ive been a bit queit on the fg mt build as ive been collectiong parts from around the world, still waiting on a couple of orders that should be here soon.

heres one order from ddm, still waiting on one from power slide racing and one from rc-car-online

100_1123.jpg

All looks good my friend...Blue show pipe...for shelf queen item...
0000 steel wool will remove the blue..leaving a shiny chrome finish....Slawhammer

i brought the pipe, cause i wasnt sure if ddm would replace my broken ddm top end pipe for my truck and it was $70 usd cheaper then the chrome and black pipes but with no warranty.

ddm ended up replacing my broken ddm top end pipe and sent a new one to power slide racing, so i swaped it for a jetpro v2 fg mt pipe.

with this blue ddm torgue pipe im going to bring it back to chrome, i have a sand blaster in the shed so i might blastic beed blast it, as plastic blastic will not damage the chrome.

i tell you i cant wait for my rc car online order to get here, fg alloy front hubs megitech from hydro brakes to go with my layshaft hydros and a new diff and a heap of opther parts.

im looking forward to finaly finshing the truck and adding all the upgrade parts, so it will be finshed, for now i will not buy any more upgrade parts, i will only fix whats broken and do mataince, i don't thing there is any more upgrade parts i can buy apart from an alloy gass cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks