Antenna broke :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just spent 1700$ total for my losi and charger and batteries lol but I doubt losi would send me a new receiver when I've already owned it for a few weeks. It's a brand new receiver, I won't be replacing it anytime soon lol

Has anyone just extended your antenna before? Ill admit I don't really know anything about radio frequencies or the material that should be used to help transmit them ?‍♂️?‍♂️

That's weird. They had no issues replacing mine after months. But no problem.
I'll definitely ask! Worst they can say is no, right?

Cruical, I have no idea how. The flimsy ass straw they used to cover it broke and I guess it broke the whole wire? I never found the piece (s) I looked everywhere but I run across two blocks that are grass and gravel ??

Unless the wire is pretty short and I really only broke the cover? I'll post a picture.

Attachments

• 15904146337817161867904852777707.jpg
    15904146337817161867904852777707.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 10
Whew! I'm just used to old school technology I guess ??

My savage is like a foot long ?

Thank goodness

I do wonder why I get better distance on this than I do on my savage xl

I've gone 3 blocks with this and been good

I can't even go one block on my savage before I lose reception ??

I'll definitely ask! Worst they can say is no, right?

Cruical, I have no idea how. The flimsy ass straw they used to cover it broke and I guess it broke the whole wire? I never found the piece (s) I looked everywhere but I run across two blocks that are grass and gravel ??

Unless the wire is pretty short and I really only broke the cover? I'll post a picture.

That how it should be, short antenna straw with the white end part of the antenna sticking out with the cap over.
No need for a long arse straw??

×1?
Thats why I think its good to build a kit. So you know what every part of your rig looks like and is supposed to perform. You will learn with your rtr as parts break but kits are way more fun and interesting.
20200524_114322.jpg
I bought s new "straw few months back ?? I cut it in half? rx wire is bout the same length as the pic?? yip so as everyone said you antenna is still fine ??

I just spent 1700$ total for my losi and charger and batteries lol but I doubt losi would send me a new receiver when I've already owned it for a few weeks. It's a brand new receiver, I won't be replacing it anytime soon lol

Has anyone just extended your antenna before? Ill admit I don't really know anything about radio frequencies or the material that should be used to help transmit them ?‍♂️?‍♂️

You can't just extend an antenna wire. It's not just a piece of wire. It's a coax , a very fine coax at that. Nevermind.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks