AnubisBC's HPI Baja 5T build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Derp! :oops:

Meant to say I wish Olimat made a silenced version of their SX5 pipe. (y) Doesn't look like DDM has anything in a silenced version from Olimat for the HPI...

I know the VRC Pro will fit the SX5 should I ever go that route. I wonder if a VRC silenced "BB" might be workable as well. ?
The vrc will work with the sx5 and Baja 5t (with or without tc cage) aswell as the baja 5b ? although with the sx5 they say the bracket might need to be fabricated or something
Screenshot_20191125-021918.png

Have a look on Detroit performance ? don't they stock oilmat?.....rcmax may have as well??
Derp! :oops:

Meant to say I wish Olimat made a silenced version of their SX5 pipe. (y) Doesn't look like DDM has anything in a silenced version from Olimat for the HPI...

I know the VRC Pro will fit the SX5 should I ever go that route. I wonder if a VRC silenced "BB" might be workable as well. ?

The vrc will work with the sx5 and Baja 5t (with or without tc cage) aswell as the baja 5b ? although with the sx5 they say the bracket might need to be fabricated or something
View attachment 54736

The VRC Pro Pipe, for sure. But I'm not sure about the VRC Big Bore. Damn near anything will work on the 5T without the TC cage. It's just a big damn canopy!

In that vid, motor sounds awesome but isn't it undergeared? Sounds like it ?

That's running stock 17/57 gears. Will be upgrading to 19/55 kit at a later date. That field was slippery as all get out, it had rained only an hour prior.

And this was still a break in tank, so it was super rich, and I was not WOT at any point in the vid.

No idea on the bb vrc then ?I'm sure Dave at ddm will sort you out ?

Have a look on Detroit performance ? don't they stock oilmat?.....rcmax may have as well??

I have a few more bits I want to add to the old girl before I start contemplating a new exhaust. My Jetpro is still doing just fine, and I want to get the motor fully broken in and tuned first. But it's always fun to plan these things out! (y)

Oh my bad, I thought it was the DDM wrap around pipe. In that case, that Jet pro is a much better pipe
I think if you snagged a olimat, and may tried to get a silencer from mike at rcmax ro make your own, that would be sweet.

Oh my bad, I thought it was the DDM wrap around pipe. In that case, that Jet pro is a much better pipe
I think if you snagged a olimat, and may tried to get a silencer from mike at rcmax ro make your own, that would be sweet.

Oh hey, no worries. This vid is not indicative of the motor performance considering it was just a break in tank. I'll get some better vids up once I have it dialed.

There definitely ways of getting a silencer on the Olimat, but when the time comes, I'll have to weight the costs vs performance. Sooo many other things to burn my wallet over at the moment! ?

Houston, we have a problem. Looks like the VRC BB pipe is not very compatible with the TC Cage:

cage1.jpg

The "header" section sits too tall for the cage to fully drop onto the chassis:
cage2.jpg

I'm looking up easy fixes, but it looks like I'll need to cut that section out, and re-order the geometry to get it to work.

Here's a bit of a mock-up red line are cuts, yellow are where the new bits will be placed: beamsmod.jpg

Any thoughts?

Houston, we have a problem. Looks like the VRC BB pipe is not very compatible with the TC Cage:

View attachment 57597

View attachment 57599

I'm looking up easy fixes, but it looks like I'll need to cut that section out, and re-order the geometry to get it to work.

Here's a bit of a mock-up red line are cuts, yellow are where the new bits will be placed: View attachment 57600

Any thoughts?

Sell it and get a 5T pipe. That is mainly a 5b pipe even though its advertised as a 5b/5t. I had the same pipe and sold it as it wasnt compatible with most all my kraken and team chase cages.

If you cut that section out you will lose most of the support for that cage.

View attachment 57597

View attachment 57599

Here's a bit of a mock-up red line are cuts, yellow are where the new bits will be placed: View attachment 57600

Any thoughts?
Well that sucks ? send it back and get the bb sidepipe (2 versions) like the one I've got, as it fits like in this pic 003-27.jpg
Not my car obv

I'd rather see if Dave's will exchange me. I've already spent the money, and I don't know if anyone state-side has a silenced version of an Olimat in stock.

Not likely, but they are about $50 cheaper straight from olimat. Last one I ordered was $196 shipped from Australia. Takes about 10 days but worth the savings. No one had one here in the states when I ordered it

Not a bad deal, but the money is already spent. I know Dave's is pretty easy to work with, so I'll deal with them first, but we'll see. I'm not really beholden to one pipe maker over the other, but I refuse to run unsilenced. Even running silenced, they're too loud to run in certain parks in my area. It kinda limits my options for local ordering.

I just feel like a complete bonehead for not realizing there were 2 variations on the same pipe! :facepalm:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks