Anyone remember the old New Era 1/4 scale truck?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toymaker

Ran some $3000. Had NASCAR style quick change axles front and rear under a full tube frame chassis. It had the Bearfoot monster truck body in fiberglass, I believe. I promised myself if I ever finally had the money I was buying one but then it disappeared. Waaaaaaahhhh!!!! I still want one! I think a picture of it still pops up on their website. That thing was badass!

$12000???????? Hold on while I pick my jaw up off the floor..
Well, if that's what 1/4 scale has gotton to, I'll be happy with my Baja. I wonder what the cost of that old New Era truck would be nowadays.

For $12,000 I would have to drive that thing to work. Or at least to run errands around town on the weekends.

I loved that 1/4 scale bigfoot truck...but sometimes I get a little scared running my 1/5 scale when there are people around...imagine that monster.

I loved that 1/4 scale bigfoot truck...but sometimes I get a little scared running my 1/5 scale when there are people around...imagine that monster.

Nope. No worries there. If they aren't smart enough to get out of the way of that behemoth, then sucks to be them.

Remember that old New Era truck?? Well, seems is it's not that "old". Making friends with the owner of my lhs. Turns out there's been a small rc dirt track 20 minutes from my house for the last three years. Damn I'm dense. I brought up this truck to him and he informed me that New Era still makes it but it's custom order ONLY. Didn't have any idea what the lead time is or even if the price is still the same, but it's on a one-on-one per order basis and not kept in stock. Eh. Still badass.
And sig-nice "new" avatar. I'll be gassing up the ShagginWagon.

Project 1/4 scale. This picture needs something in it to judge the scale. It's big though. This one hangs out at the shop waiting on attention.

MCDWheels016.jpg

1QuarterMT.jpg

This one is a bit better for judging size

1SizeMatters.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks