Baja won't move ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Year gear mech seems to be good and everything looks fine. At first I changed everything except the clutch (it worked before) and once assembled, impossible to roll the baja. I tried to change to a new clutch 8000RPM and still impossible to roll. I'm not sure where the problem is.
I put a FS 54MM 8k spring, and I have this issue :
, it's reving but won't move.
Tighten the nut on your slipper clutch

Tighten the nut on your slipper clutch
For some reason the vid with the slipper clutch was posted? He dose not have a slipper? If you read earlier on in the thread he says this......
Maybe the clutch shoes were put in the wrong way? (THE ARROW MUST FACE OUTWARDS) like so??51282

Last edited:
Hello guys, just changed a few things on my baja : clutch, clutch bell, turtle racing v2 clutch system and RCR brakes. When I start my baja it didn't move ! Gears seems ok but it keep spinning without going foward ? Any tips on what's wrong ? Thanks ^_^
TRY THE FOLLOWING CHECKLIST:
#1: Are all the connected gears in the transmission from the clutch system connected? If any gear is loose due to a missing set screw, then you may not move.
#2: Is the carb setting set to Rev high enough to make the clutch shoes engage the clutch bell? Turn the high speed needle clockwise and see if it begins to move.
#3: Increase the idle by turning the idle screw clockwise.

Seriously, though, check to ensure that transmission gears are not merely spinning BUT NOT engaging.

That's my 4 cents even though I don't own a HPI Baja. PEACE

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks