Brake recommendation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I might skip the alloy uprights all together, a lot of material would need to come off to get the calipers to fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
There MUST be alloy uprights for the 530 - there are for every other ride in FG.

E-Mail Hobbythek in Germany - in English - they are very, very helpful.

Admittedly there are some items which are 'bling', some prefer the flex of plastic on, say, arms, but I'd always upgrade to alloy uprights, large / small motor mounts and gear holders.
If you upgrade the servos, check their mounting when in operation - if plastic, they flex and need reinforcing, or replacing with alloy plate or c/fibre.

Al.

There MUST be alloy uprights for the 530 - there are for every other ride in FG.

E-Mail Hobbythek in Germany - in English - they are very, very helpful.

Admittedly there are some items which are 'bling', some prefer the flex of plastic on, say, arms, but I'd always upgrade to alloy uprights, large / small motor mounts and gear holders.
If you upgrade the servos, check their mounting when in operation - if plastic, they flex and need reinforcing, or replacing with alloy plate or c/fibre.

Al.

I've emailed Hobbythek before and they said no or at least not without serious modifications.

Sixleggedoctopus, can you give us some clarity as to why the alloy hubs won't work?

If you look at the pictures, you will see that the hose connection cannot clear the hub. Wether straight or angled the collar of the connection will not clear. You would need to do some serious grinding to get clearance, it could be done but I'm not interested in machining parts.

dbd3e5fc419679eb1c3ebd90ba305b84.jpg

dremel it just go easy little shave at a time till it fits or suffer the stock hubs

The plan is to try the stock hubs for now, dial in my setup and tube routing and down the road switch to the alloy hubs. When you get down to it, these brakes are not designed to fit this vehicle, period. Maybe the FG branded ones are a better fit.

I agree them calipers are for the latest cars ie mecatech fg 2020 and the like if you had the single piston brakes I don't think you would have any problems but id still have a go at dremeling the hubs be cool to get them to fit be great stopping power with them brakes

Looking at it closer it almost looks like the hose connecter would interfere with the steering linkage mount. Whether it's dremeled down or not. Is that the case? When I talked to hobbythek i was told blatantly it just won't work. Im curious, do the hubs fit on the car at all? Paying no mind about the calipers just the hubs? Sorry for all the questions. I'm just really into this project as I'd really like to do the mods to my own car.

You are correct about the linkage, I will take more photos when I get home but there are multiple holes for picking steering geometry. But the removal of the material would get awfully close. The hubs appear to be smaller than stock, all other points aside.
After fiddling with the mounts last night, I just don't see them easily working. I have not removed the stock hubs to see if they in fact do fit.

Will other uprights for which these brakes are compatible, fit the chassis - bit of a 'mix and match' as it were?

Al.

Not sure on my end, I know the stock plastic ones work and with a bit of shaving you can mount the caliper with hose connection oriented up or down. Without shaving, hose connection must be down.

8e7bb68b20a44755c497dbfaf5201790.jpg
30427f6d59ebcacb518530a553504b1f.jpg79e5d490dcd64bb61fe43a4d8aaf0742.jpg

Honestly, I'm not sure if I even want to try to fit them. I would only have to tear them out as it is.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks