Brake recommendation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you have to drill into the chassis for the servo mount?

As for the master cylinders, I would take measurements, transfer on some scrap material and drill holes into the scrap material. if your holes line up with the scrap and the footprint of the master cylinder, take the scrap and transfer punch and mark the chassis. Done.

Did you have to drill into the chassis for the servo mount?

As for the master cylinders, I would take measurements, transfer on some scrap material and drill holes into the scrap material. if your holes line up with the scrap and the footprint of the master cylinder, take the scrap and transfer punch and mark the chassis. Done.

I did not have to drill the chassis for the servo mount. The FG servo mount has exactly the same footprint as the FG radio box.

I like you idea, it looks like some of the unused chassis holes line up on the master cylinder, will check tomorrow and report back.

Last edited by a moderator:
First break in this whole build. Master cylinders match predrilled chassis holes!!!
02a8dc2fd3e3c2a0d5d68242c5c0d052.jpg

96401155b3bf5a16e53d35a00287149f.jpg

Bulk of the work is done. Tubing, bleeding, servo connecting and routing of wires and it should be good to go.

Are you going to use metal uprights in the rear for the wheels?

For now, no, in the future, yes. They don't seem to interfere with the normal function. The only issue currently is they are extremely close to the bleeder screw.

1455b450914d4fd7c54b03f129e02e43.jpg

I know what you mean. Yes, I got a radio tray from Germany but did not need it. I got the servo mount from there too, not sure if DDM has it in stock but I know they carry it. I did buy two additional 90 degree fittings from Germany for the rear, I think DDM was out of those, come to think of it.

I ended up replacing the engine brace with an alloy version. Not necessary but while I was in there.

I'm wondering if a mod can change the title of this thread so people can easily find the info.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks