Brappin' in the heat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickDizzle

Isaiah 41:10
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
So, its gonna be Fathers Day weekend and I scored a 3 day weekend! (Happy early Fathers Day to all the dads!!)
I want to run my Raminator but it has been over 100° for the last week and is forecast to be over 100° all weekend. Any special precautions to take if I opt to run a tank or two? In the evening hours? Not sure how ambient temps that high will impact this lil 2 stroke. Thanks fellas!

So, its gonna be Fathers Day weekend and I scored a 3 day weekend! (Happy early Fathers Day to all the dads!!)
I want to run my Raminator but it has been over 100° for the last week and is forecast to be over 100° all weekend. Any special precautions to take if I opt to run a tank or two? In the evening hours? Not sure how ambient temps that high will impact this lil 2 stroke. Thanks fellas!
Ive actually been wondering the same thing, how much of a role would high temps play in overheating?

This comment is for doug.
Pussy. You run the ute in hot weather? Really no different. Taxing the cooling system just the same, I've never seen a disclaimer that you can't run a 2 stroke because it's 100* out.
Yeah I guess I really didnt think through lawn equipment lol. Full size cars have a radiator and cooling system thus I skipped past that thought lol.
The heat hurts all cooling systems equally. Liquid cooled depends on ambient temps to cool the liquid. Higher ambient won't cool as well as lower temps, but not really a major worry as most of them can handle more or less normal temps.

It will help with cooling to a degree, performance will suffer a bit as well. The hotter it gets the engines will have a tendency to run rich without a tune anyway. Always a fine line here.
Lol then it’s not the same at all, air cool vs radiator etc. not gonna go into it bc u already know.
Land based watercooled can only reject as much heat as the ambient air can hold. Given a constant temp, and hoping the cooling system is working at peak efficiency pushing over 100* ambient typically won't hurt anything. Have a little degradation in the system, add in the heat rejection from a condenser, transmission coolers, ect, and your not much better then a hokey air cooled system. It's all still based what the ambient air can handle.

Drink lots of water.

Run it rich.

Run it rich

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks