Building a racer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Preach, i'll be using the KM class 1 kit, the one with the black body, see it on their site, and for the price, it's pretty good, just trying to figure out if there is some kind of body wrap that could fit, if not it stays black. ,and you are right, upgrading is a lot of fun , creating something different from all the rest.

Cool, now go mount those puppies up !!!

I'm waiting on 2 things (1) the Zero Growth foams and (2) find some lightweight wheels. I really like the pro-line desperados, but I have a feeling they are heavy.

Preach, i'll be using the KM class 1 kit, the one with the black body, see it on their site, and for the price, it's pretty good, just trying to figure out if there is some kind of body wrap that could fit, if not it stays black. ,and you are right, upgrading is a lot of fun , creating something different from all the rest.

I was thinking you were going to try the Kraken kit. I saw that one and it looked really good, but the price was kinda out there. I used to know someone who custom painted my shells for me when I was doing 1/8 scale. I need to see if he is still around!

Check out rc-car-online-de, I think I saw some white dish wheels for the baja. they are based in Germany, great service, buy most of my FG onroad supplys there, good service and they answer emails quickly, very nice shop, been a customer since 2011. The difference in the spings are the number of coils in it and thickness of the wire used, a least that's how I figure it, anyone with another explanation ? Come on, lets get Preach road racing!!!

Yeah, I looked at the Kraken, bit too expensive for me, besides I think the KM one looks just as good and within my current budget.

Brother, you are giving some good information. Can I use the springs designed for the rear shocks on the front?

I don't see why not, since the rear springs are 2 parts, top & bottom, good idea Preach, try it and see what it does for ride height, or maybe the front springs on the rear. Remember that when you lower the buggy, you will have to reset your camber angles front & rear, stiffen up the sway bars to combat body roll, make sure you are getting good weight transfer at front for good turn in in the corners and rear for traction. Create a set up sheet, that way you can record the changes you make and how they affect the handling of the car, that way you can go back and duplicate your setups when you need to. hope this helps.

I'm going to order the heavy duty spring from DDM and try them. At the same time, I'll use the fuel line segments to lower the buggy. Good idea on the setup sheet.

Go for it Bro, that's what it's all about, experimenting with different components and set ups, you'll hit on the right one i'm sure.

What kind of body are you planning to use ?, The T1000 looks very aero dynamic, but guess the buggy body would be better since it is lighter. Post a pic when you get her done. Check out youtube, under 1/5 scale racing there are a couple of videos with bajas racing onroad with FG sedans and just all bajas, pretty crazy stuff !!!. Hey what motor and pipe will you using?

Preach, get some (1") extended hubs all around for extra stability. It will also eliminate that stupid e clip on the fronts, one less thing to worry about.

Hey Preach, I just saw on the Rovan site the shocks for their Porsche 1/5 car, wow does that chassis look nice and low. Take a look in the suspension section of their parts listing, happy hunting.

The planning phase is still in progress. I have ordered some parts, but my "play" money is pulled in a different direction. I'll be back on track in a few weeks though.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks