Building a racer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to hate them because of the one way bearing. Since my blower uses one and it is reliable (no more one way bearing replacement) I was excited to find out that the Killer RC one used the same bit. In my younger days I thought pull start was cooler, but now I know better.

Wheels and tires assembled (what a pain in the...fingers)! I got the wheels on the buggy and was going over the front end and noticed a lot of play in the hubs. With the front end static I have play in the hubs. I'm assuming that this is bearings and I'm going to order Team FastEddy bearings for the front. I also have a worn clutch and am doing some research on the various other clutch systems. I'm probably going to order an 8k clutch to get running while I do my research. Right now the new wheels and tires and the lowered stance has it looking pretty mean.

Wheels and tires assembled (what a pain in the...fingers)! I got the wheels on the buggy and was going over the front end and noticed a lot of play in the hubs. With the front end static I have play in the hubs. I'm assuming that this is bearings and I'm going to order Team FastEddy bearings for the front. I also have a worn clutch and am doing some research on the various other clutch systems. I'm probably going to order an 8k clutch to get running while I do my research. Right now the new wheels and tires and the lowered stance has it looking pretty mean.
If you are building a racer, why not go with ceramic bearings? And I'd go with Acer over Fast Edddy.

I'm really trying to do this on a budget. The ceramic bearings were out of my price range. As for Acer of FastEddy, I simply didn't know. I get almost everything from DDM and that was what I saw. Perhaps later the budget will allow for better bearings.

Receive my carbon fiber engine plate
20170213_175959-X4.jpg

20170213_180029-X4.jpg

Looks like the CF is a pretty good weight savings!

I like the weight savings and i really like the look. My next purchase is going to be the carbon fiber engine brace and upper chassis plate next payday. I want to go CF with the main chassis, but that is $175 and I have other things I want to do before I go that route.

Good question. I'll measure the thickness and post back. I had already began assembling the rear chassis

Coming along pretty good. I just finished installing the carbon fiber engine plate and waiting on some other cf parts to arrive from Rovan. Wanting to have it up and running well by spring (although the build will continue). I'm waiting on OBR to have their 2 speed transmission back in stock so I can order one. I just took my caliper to the cf rear chassis plate and it is 4.36mm thick.

New job has me working about 60 hours a week and the weather has been crappy so I have not gotten much done. I finally opened the package with the rest of the CF parts. Today I took the time to open the garage and do some work on the baja while enjoying the weather.

20170408_125334-X3.jpg
20170409_153213-X4.jpg
20170409_153206-X4.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks