BZM anyone got the straight dope

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Bill. There are too many good local tuners of two strokes over here for any brand to dominate in the way that OBR seems to do in the US, I reckon. Our local tuning hero is Paul Milligan. There is Odd in the UK and a few more I cant drop off the top of my head. People to whom you can give your standard engine and get a racing breed one back in return for a few coppers.

Yeah, Large scale was pretty niche in the States when the Baja came out. But EU guys had already been running MCDs and FGs for a long ass time. The US market for large scale just never really exploded enough to be sustainable for a bunch of new tuners to get established.

OBR and ESP were already up and running in the scooter market when the Baja dropped, so they were in a position to dominate. Everyone else had to play catch up. There were a couple guys working on it, but I just don't think the market stayed strong enough for them to turn it into a full time gig.

Cheers Crusial. That sounds well nice and it doesn't seem to be bothered the slightest by being ordered to move. This may be my next engine unless I can strongarm Milligan into milliganing the one I have.

edit. I think its interresting that they take the same price for their engines regardless of volume. That says a lot about how full of poop the other makers really are. The price difference for them between a big bore and a not so big bore is probably very little. But dumb as we are, we keep buying into a retarded "larger numbers" game where something cost vastly more simply because it has a bigger number and next to no difference between the models. At least car brands (and clothes, electronic etc) make an effort to make their expensive models actually look expensive (or actually rather they 'uncool' the cheaper versions).

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks