Can’t start Motor after it ran out of gas…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the same issue few weeks ago. New plug didn't change anything. Getting fuel & plug getting flooded out. Had spark. I ended up resetting the carb & it started right up after cleaning the plug. Hopefully one of those simple fixes work for you.

Uhm, just go to Home Depot. These are same engines in nearly ALL weedwackers.
Let me rephrase that, they are same size, and use SAME plug.
As far as the flooding, and the break in (which is subjective to a point).
The flooding, could have happened easily, if you just ran engine once, stored it. Then went to refill ( a few days/weeks, later)
Break in, for these engines, is not moot. As yes, they are weedwacker engines for most part, and the local lawn guy is just going to buy a weedwacker.
Use it, then use it next day. As well, (if he/she) is smart, will not rev it to max. And or ever even touch the carb settings.

That being the case, these are usually (toy, babies for most of us) so to get the most out of them, we do a break in (just a warm up, cool down cycle a few times. Then adjust settings for performance, as we need (and or for some of us, learn as we go).

I am actually a (retired/disabled) ASE tech. with multiple certs. And have actually been lead tech at a small engine company (John Deer), as well their monster tractors. Most of the fellows that come in with a weedwacker, HAVE NEVER touched settings, and 90% of the time, just need a new plug.
And cleaning. Granted, I did those few and far between, as I was the main tech engine rebuilder, for larger engines (not including the diesels).
Example, zero turn 35HP+ mowers, up to 4 ton tractors.

And I actually liked that work (off tangent). But was cert. For mainly automotive, and High HP cars. (Corvettes, Mercedes, etc..)
And made more money doing those. But got bored of mechanics (to some extent) But Also off tangent, am cert. in HVAC, Industrial painting, Class 1 Gas handling & storage. But my first job was actually subcontracting for Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. (hush, hush, on that, as the background and security checks EVERY day to get in there was insane, and that goes for each building you have to pass through, to get to next building. LoL.

Anyhow, plenty of knowledge on this site, for your issue. Best of luck.

Last edited:
Uhm, just go to Home Depot. These are same engines in nearly ALL weedwackers.
Let me rephrase that, they are same size, and use SAME plug.
As far as the flooding, and the break in (which is subjective to a point).
The flooding, could have happened easily, if you just ran engine once, stored it. Then went to refill ( a few days/weeks, later)
Break in, for these engines, is not moot. As yes, they are weedwacker engines for most part, and the local lawn guy is just going to buy a weedwacker.
Use it, then use it next day. As well, (if he/she) is smart, will not rev it to max. And or ever even touch the carb settings.

That being the case, these are usually (toy, babies for most of us) so to get the most out of them, we do a break in (just a warm up, cool down cycle a few times. Then adjust settings for performance, as we need (and or for some of us, learn as we go).

I am actually a (retired/disabled) ASE tech. with multiple certs. And have actually been lead tech at a small engine company (John Deer), as well their monster tractors. Most of the fellows that come in with a weedwacker, HAVE NEVER touched settings, and 90% of the time, just need a new plug.
And cleaning. Granted, I did those few and far between, as I was the main tech engine rebuilder, for larger engines (not including the diesels).
Example, zero turn 35HP+ mowers, up to 4 ton tractors.

And I actually liked that work (off tangent). But was cert. For mainly automotive, and High HP cars. (Corvettes, Mercedes, etc..)
And made more money doing those. But got bored of mechanics (to some extent) But Also off tangent, am cert. in HVAC, Industrial painting, Class 1 Gas handling & storage. But my first job was actually subcontracting for Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. (hush, hush, on that, as the background and security checks EVERY day to get in there was insane, and that goes for each building you have to pass through, to get to next building. LoL.

Anyhow, plenty of knowledge on this site, for your issue. Best of luck.
Please go here and introduce yourself 👉🏻 https://www.largescaleforums.com/forums/introduce-yourself/

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks