Cant get my losi 5ive t to start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danberg1

new to form im stumped i cant get my losi 5ive t to start for life of it things i done checked spark got spark checked fuel in yellow line got fuel tried set it back to factory settings did that still no start air filter both are cleaned middle one is oiled fresh fuel mix i read up on info got compression checked fuel filter even put little gas in sparkplug hole see if start nope so what im i doing wrong from please help please

Welcome?
Was it running prior to these issues?.
First off I'm going to say it's probably flooded at this point.
Yes it was running then its very hard to get started i usally get it to start but now it wont start the plug is wet i took.it out cleaned it pulled the pull start three times without plug then reinstalled it still no start

Yes it was running then its very hard to get started i usally get it to start but now it wont start the plug is wet i took.it out cleaned it pulled the pull start three times without plug then reinstalled it still no start
Check your exhaust bolts and carb bolts are tight. Take the spark plug out, flip the car over and pull the pullstart a good few times. Maybe leave it to sit upside-down for 30mins or so. Flip back over and put a little bit of 2 stroke in the top of the engine, also use new spark plug.

new to form im stumped i cant get my losi 5ive t to start for life of it things i done checked spark got spark checked fuel in yellow line got fuel tried set it back to factory settings did that still no start air filter both are cleaned middle one is oiled fresh fuel mix i read up on info got compression checked fuel filter even put little gas in sparkplug hole see if start nope so what im i doing wrong from please help please

Couple suggestions : "even put little gas in sparkplug hole" not a good idea to do this, as you are in a new learning curve 2 stroke engines are very simple, yet can easily have running problems. With new 2 stroke engine operators it's easy to flood an engine. If your engine was running good then started running poor it's about guaranteed to be a fouled spark plug and incorrect carb settings. Striikar posted great advice. When things go bad with your engine just stop and correct things one step at a time. Step 1 get the engine internals completely purged of all excessive fuel and oil. If your sparkplug is black and oily it needs to be replaced. So a "dry" internal engine, a new spark plug and correct suggested baseline carb settings your engine should start. Keep in mind carb tuning takes a lot of time to learn, and you need to listen very closely to how the engine sounds while making adjustments. Good luck and hope you get it sorted out ! I've been wrenching and tuning 2 stroke engines for 35+ years, and I STILL occasionally flood engines ! It's the nature of the beast with 2 stroke engines

Spark plug gets us ALL

I dropped a new spark plug, engine turn on super easy. I started doing carb adjustments. It was running awesome... all the sudden it turned off on me... It wouldn’t turn back on...

i tried starting it so many times my shoulder was in severe pain for several days.....

After trying all kinds off different ishh I decided to just drop another NEW spark plug and it cranked on with the first PULL ???‍♂️
I was so mad ?

Point of the story is... check ur spark plug even if it’s brand new ??

Couple suggestions : "even put little gas in sparkplug hole" not a good idea to do this, as you are in a new learning curve 2 stroke engines are very simple, yet can easily have running problems. With new 2 stroke engine operators it's easy to flood an engine. If your engine was running good then started running poor it's about guaranteed to be a fouled spark plug and incorrect carb settings. Striikar posted great advice. When things go bad with your engine just stop and correct things one step at a time. Step 1 get the engine internals completely purged of all excessive fuel and oil. If your sparkplug is black and oily it needs to be replaced. So a "dry" internal engine, a new spark plug and correct suggested baseline carb settings your engine should start. Keep in mind carb tuning takes a lot of time to learn, and you need to listen very closely to how the engine sounds while making adjustments. Good luck and hope you get it sorted out ! I've been wrenching and tuning 2 stroke engines for 35+ years, and I STILL occasionally flood engines ! It's the nature of the beast with 2 stroke engines
If im deaf and cant hear engine do u have any other suggestions on how to tune it

Err could use a tach, not the best method but it is used in OPE. Those guys don't like the tune it by ear thing. Will be really hard to get it just right. Would you happen to have a trusted friend with some engine knowledge that may assist you in getting it set up?

Err could use a tach, not the best method but it is used in OPE. Those guys don't like the tune it by ear thing. Will be really hard to get it just right. Would you happen to have a trusted friend with some engine knowledge that may assist you in getting it set up?
No im in orem utah wished i had some one here lol
Do anyone know anyone in utah that is knowledgeable

Good advice here. Or you could try something we have never done here on LSF(as far as I'm aware of) and let the guys here tune it for you. If you have the ability to record and post it on here I'm sure the guys could help you out. At least get you real close cause it's not like it's a nitro and you have to keep fiddling with the needles. It may take a little longer but it would help.

I don’t know bro trying to tune by video audio is damn rear impossible ??‍♂️

I would recommend just looking for a local hobby shop and letting them fine tune it for you, I’m sure if you tell em your situation they wouldn't even charge you

Or post your location bro, if any one of us is close to you for sure we would meet up to help you out ??

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks