Carbon SX5 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It wont be much different in weight. The TR setup is quite heavy which you lose with the Bonehead setup but you have 3 servos instead of 2.

Mine looks like a mess now but I've not finished tidying it up yet. No doubt it's more complicated than a standard setup though. (y)

Ive been deciding between Milos and John's setups, so I chose the rovan symmetrical but with a bonehead carbon fiber top servo plate to be able to use up one of my extra 1/5 servos. This does not have the additional servo slot for front brakes. The cost was really fair. And the balance of the steering is now spot on. I really do like how this is designed, it matches the build and how it mounts securely. It has very smooth operation and yes its a Rovan piece but wrapped in bonehead 😱😂but honestly worth every cent..If there is any added weight it is probably minimal, I was thinking the same as Milo with the added turtle setup. I'll be using spikes or even the 2" genesis wheels on my rig which is why I wanna use a 1/5 servo for my steering. Them wheels are rough on any servo in any rig.

Attachments

• 20211012_230443.jpg
    20211012_230443.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 15
Ive been deciding between Milos and John's setups, so I chose the rovan symmetrical but with a bonehead carbon fiber top servo plate to be able to use up one of my extra 1/5 servos. This does not have the additional servo slot for front brakes. The cost was really fair. And the balance of the steering is now spot on. I really do like how this is designed, it matches the build and how it mounts securely. It has very smooth operation and yes its a Rovan piece but wrapped in bonehead 😱😂but honestly worth every cent..If there is any added weight it is probably minimal, I was thinking the same as Milo with the added turtle setup. I'll be using spikes or even the 2" genesis wheels on my rig which is why I wanna use a 1/5 servo for my steering. Them wheels are rough on any servo in any rig.
I see rovan has it in black with the radio box for that price definitely worth a go

Said screw it and went fonzie turnbuckles. Last few things are getting anodized, shocks, turnbuckles, brp adaptors, and the small cage braves that mount to the frame. Also picked up another sx5 cage new in box 🤣. Have plans to paint it black with a bronze stripe or something. Hopefully in a few weeks it will be done then I'll start on the w5. Screenshot_20211015-021716_Chrome.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks