Carbon SX5 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had big arse turnbuckles like them on my rig but made by ufc, took them off after I had a crash and wiped my tr steering out.
The turnbuckles where fine though 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

Lmao it's funny you say that as my smallbore sf34 baja did the exact same thing with ufc turnbuckles and tr servo saver. Their about the same price so I guess it has to be one or the other lol

Last edited:
Had another custom piece made from bonehead. Pretty slick cover for the alloy box that also holds the servo. Managed to also hook up the axis and vertigo quick connect system to the cage. Turnbuckles and shocks are on their way back from being anodized. Should have it buttoned up in a few more weeks.

Did run into a big issue though with the uber chassis, the front kick up plate seems to short and it doesn't reach the front hungepin holder.

20211029_123958.jpg20211029_124027.jpg20211029_130203.jpg20211029_132120.jpg20211029_134143.jpg20211029_131210.jpg

To be honest once loaded with engine and all equipment it should put it at normal ride height, there shouldnt be an issue if you use limit straps or cables. I'm not sure how much articulation any other set of arms or axle and cup sets allow. But once to a certain point of droop the axles start to bind and jump anyway. I am using the irc uhd cups and axles. I was trying to compare suspension articulation with my vekata

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks