Carbon SX5 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I vote custom anodized JS tank. I attempted rit dye my baja tank but I couldn't get the dye to stick. The plastic is very dense compared to the vektas tank.. May have been my fault 🤷‍♂️ I did wash and dewax but not sure if I should have scoured and ruffled up the tank with scotchbrite first, but figure that would look like 💩

Did you simmer it over an hour and let it sit in pot overnight? Did you use the entire bottle of rit? Also you have to keep it submurged with something the whole time as well.

Did you simmer it over an hour and let it sit in pot overnight? Did you use the entire bottle of rit? Also you have to keep it submurged with something the whole time as well.

Ypu did ypur vekta tank didn't ypu and it turned out dam good?

Yes was a pain to keep it submerged. Boiled on a turkey fryer outside because the poop is a mess. But the plastic type and texture are totally different. Like I said I dewaxed and washed the tank but still very glossy, not sure if it is a hpi rovan or km tank, but the plastic is very hard

All my carbon fiber will be in tomorrow. Im looking at your build. looks like there is several spots where nuts and bolts will replace stock chassis hardware. What all did you need?

You got 4 holes with nothing in on both sides of the servo plate. I think nuts and bolts there? Would make the top plate stronger mounted to the chassis wouldn’t it?
The stock chassis has threaded flanges where the carbon chassis does not.
I think there and where the back chassis plate mounts to the main chassis is the only spots I see so 8 nuts and bolts total? Back chassis is flat head m6 and top plate of the chassis is button head m5 Both require nuts

Last edited:
You got 4 holes with nothing in on both sides of the servo plate. I think nuts and bolts there? Would make the top plate stronger mounted to the chassis wouldn’t it?
The stock chassis has threaded flanges where the carbon chassis does not.
I think there and where the back chassis plate mounts to the main chassis is the only spots I see so 8 nuts and bolts total? Back chassis is flat head m6 and top plate of the chassis is button head m5 Both require nuts

Certainly, that's all not screwed down as said in a earlier post as the pipe will mount to one of those holes.

You will need 4 shallow nuts for the rear chassis plate where it screws to the chassis as it's pretty tight with the tank right above them

So did you use the hardware included in the bonehead rear chassis to mount it to the uber main chassis? Just got my stuff in and noticed the bonehead piece came with the 4 nuts bolts and washers.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks