CEN Racing's New Short Course Truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I have had no luck selling these trucks I have so I may as well get the two servos to turn them and start to play with them a little... what have you guys done to keep the bodys in shape mine just from sitting is sagging in the middle like it needs some side body mounts??

Hi Guys...some good stuff here.

I picked up a Matrix 5SC over the winter on trade.

Looks like I need:
Killer RC Kill Switch (Which One??)
2 Steering Servos
Body Padding (Man, I have enough of that already....no problem.)

What else before I take her out??

cen 5 sc

What is the longevity of this model? What are parts to keep on hand.
which metal gears and what cover are people using, I saw the links but was wondering on the most favorable gear set. some racing, mostly just fun, midrange type of gear set

What is the longevity of this model? What are parts to keep on hand.
which metal gears and what cover are people using, I saw the links but was wondering on the most favorable gear set. some racing, mostly just fun, midrange type of gear set

i sold mine kept having problems with it i upgraded to an mcd rrv4

Tuded pipe for Ceb Matrix 5 SC Buggy.

Where do I buy the tuned pipe for the Cen Matrix 5 SC Buggy? Does it really make it go faster? What other upgrades are recommended to make this car go quicker? Rgds, Eyeball

DSC00945.jpg

DSC00946.jpg

DSC00947.jpg

DSC00948.jpg

DSC00949.jpg

DSC00950.jpg

DSC00951.jpg

DSC00952.jpg

DSC00953.jpg

DSC00954.jpg

DSC00955.jpg

DSC00957.jpg[/QUOTE]

Well before the pipe i suggest you get a better air filter. Something that passes more air. or simply crop bits from the stock one and open vents .

Help!

OK i've purchased a tuned pipe. Now I've found my plastic gears are buggered. I've looked online and these are two sets of part numbers for metal gears.

Here is the problem:-

My Buggy's plastic gears have 27 Teeth and 36 Teeth, which is a gearing down ratio of 1.3333,
I understand the metal replacement parts are nubered 119005 and 112016.

I found some gears offered online parts 112015 112016, these have 30 & 33 teeth resulting in gearing down ration of 1.1.

Obviously the 1.1:1 ration might make the car faster...but will it ruin the engine? Which gears should I buy.

Thanks for reply in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Help. The read diff casing on my Cen Matrix 5 SC allows the drive gear to spin without turning the back wheels. It's making a crunching noise inside. I've opened the diff up and checked all the gears and they are all OK. Bolted everything back together and it's still not working. I think the drive shaft [part GL017] tilts up in the plastic case and the gear loses contact with the drive gear. It's very annoying. I think it's a design fault.

Anyone else have this problem?

Anyone got a solution?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks