CK Vekta Saga

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDCvekta5

CKscaleRC
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
Hello fellow 1/5 scalers!

Figured I would post my experiences or ongoing Vekta 5 saga, since I have plenty of time on my hands with the Plandemic...lol! Very excited to be getting back into this hobby after many years. First time 1/5 scale project and I am loving every minute of it! I must say that getting back into this has given me motivation to get other projects done as well, so that is a good thing.

Ordered the kit back at the end of February. Started the build right away (sorry I was so excited I didn't take too many pics of the build guys). First pic is the almost completed Vekta sitting on my model desk in my office...thing is a monster...absolutely no room left on the desk!!

20200310_163415.jpg

Over all, I thought this was a well put together kit and only a few parts were missing. My kit was missing the throttle servo horn and the lexan cover for the transmission, both of which I ordered from DDM. I also picked up the Killer RC Super Bee Kill Switch and upgraded the following:

1-FullForce Dual Steering Servo Kit (Bought the Hitec Servos for this application)
2-DDM Blue Anodized Gas Cap
3-Billet Aluminum Front upper Brace
4-Billet Steering Bellcrank/Servo Saver Assy
5-Turtle Racing Steering Link
6-IRP Aluminum Steering Servo Link
7-Racing 54mm Full Metal Clutch Shoes with 8mm Spring
8-Vertigo Throttle Servo Mounts
9-Vertigo Transmission Upper Brace
10-Vertigo Quick Release System for Front, Side and Upper Body Mounts
11-RCR Brake Upgrade Kit
12-Quick Release Connectors for Fuel System

20200326_172000.jpg
20200326_172332.jpg

So for a while now, I have wanted to turn the garage into a workshop and build storage shelves, etc.. Still have a bunch of stuff to go through in the garage from when we moved into the house just over a year ago. After building the Vekta, I realized I need more space for 1/5 scale!! Hence my motivation for getting the garage project underway! That and I have plenty of time to do it now! So below are a few snapshots of my workshop project.

20200407_194330.jpg

Most of the framing is complete....time to install and secure the shelves...

20200408_195548.jpg

Shelving complete and workbench lights installed, along with paper towel holder, GFI outlet and outlet strip...

20200409_205607.jpg

Pegboards arrived...built a small wooden work stand for the Vekta with some scrap 2x4s for now...and added a drill holder/charging station to the left wall

20200410_181539.jpg

Plenty of room for the Vekta!!

20200410_181557.jpg

Love this new space! SO much more room and room to grow as well. Still want to buy or build a work stand for the Vekta...as it will make it easier to work on and I can use the bench for engine rebuilds, smaller RC projects and other non related activities. Here she is with wheels and bare cage installed after engine break-in was completed. Wish I knew how to post video, I would put a break-in video I took up...but hope you all enjoyed the post anyway!

This 1/5 scale stuff is so much fun! Did a little bashing in the front yard yesterday after engine break-in. WOW!!! So much power and such a capable machine!! Loving it!! Let the SAGA continue...

Hello fellow 1/5 scalers!

Figured I would post my experiences or ongoing Vekta 5 saga, since I have plenty of time on my hands with the Plandemic...lol! Very excited to be getting back into this hobby after many years. First time 1/5 scale project and I am loving every minute of it! I must say that getting back into this has given me motivation to get other projects done as well, so that is a good thing.

Ordered the kit back at the end of February. Started the build right away (sorry I was so excited I didn't take too many pics of the build guys). First pic is the almost completed Vekta sitting on my model desk in my office...thing is a monster...absolutely no room left on the desk!!

View attachment 57759

Over all, I thought this was a well put together kit and only a few parts were missing. My kit was missing the throttle servo horn and the lexan cover for the transmission, both of which I ordered from DDM. I also picked up the Killer RC Super Bee Kill Switch and upgraded the following:

1-FullForce Dual Steering Servo Kit (Bought the Hitec Servos for this application)
2-DDM Blue Anodized Gas Cap
3-Billet Aluminum Front upper Brace
4-Billet Steering Bellcrank/Servo Saver Assy
5-Turtle Racing Steering Link
6-IRP Aluminum Steering Servo Link
7-Racing 54mm Full Metal Clutch Shoes with 8mm Spring
8-Vertigo Throttle Servo Mounts
9-Vertigo Transmission Upper Brace
10-Vertigo Quick Release System for Front, Side and Upper Body Mounts
11-RCR Brake Upgrade Kit
12-Quick Release Connectors for Fuel System

View attachment 57760
View attachment 57761

So for a while now, I have wanted to turn the garage into a workshop and build storage shelves, etc.. Still have a bunch of stuff to go through in the garage from when we moved into the house just over a year ago. After building the Vekta, I realized I need more space for 1/5 scale!! Hence my motivation for getting the garage project underway! That and I have plenty of time to do it now! So below are a few snapshots of my workshop project.

View attachment 57762

Most of the framing is complete....time to install and secure the shelves...

View attachment 57763

Shelving complete and workbench lights installed, along with paper towel holder, GFI outlet and outlet strip...

View attachment 57764

Pegboards arrived...built a small wooden work stand for the Vekta with some scrap 2x4s for now...and added a drill holder/charging station to the left wall

View attachment 57765

Plenty of room for the Vekta!!

View attachment 57766

Love this new space! SO much more room and room to grow as well. Still want to buy or build a work stand for the Vekta...as it will make it easier to work on and I can use the bench for engine rebuilds, smaller RC projects and other non related activities. Here she is with wheels and bare cage installed after engine break-in was completed. Wish I knew how to post video, I would put a break-in video I took up...but hope you all enjoyed the post anyway!

This 1/5 scale stuff is so much fun! Did a little bashing in the front yard yesterday after engine break-in. WOW!!! So much power and such a capable machine!! Loving it!! Let the SAGA continue...
Love the workshop and the vekta looks badass ??

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks