Clubin’s build thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good feedback on the rear steering, hopefully you can make it stable rather than converting it back to a fixed axle.

Nice to know you are happy with the wheel/tire setup.

Ha that looks cool with the atv/snowblower tires
prob gonna have to gear it down a bit running those
Surprising it actually isn’t that bad. But yes it should be geared down a bit.
Good feedback on the rear steering, hopefully you can make it stable rather than converting it back to a fixed axle.

Nice to know you are happy with the wheel/tire setup.
I put the solid rear axle back in. Couldn’t get it to be stable.

Looking good….

I have V3 differential spares so until they are used going to the V4 differential will wait. Please confirm, larger diameter output shafts and 5mm rather than 4mm case screws, correct?

I do not see how the V4 steering cross link will stop the random arm movement at the servos causing them to go out of sync because the V3 style used a common pivot point too. What am I missing? I do see fewer spherical rod ends so I would anticipate less slop though.

Looking good….

I have V3 differential spares so until they are used going to the V4 differential will wait. Please confirm, larger diameter output shafts and 5mm rather than 4mm case screws, correct?

I do not see how the V4 steering cross link will stop the random arm movement at the servos causing them to go out of sync because the V3 style used a common pivot point too. What am I missing? I do see fewer spherical rod ends so I would anticipate less slop though.
The carrier bearings will fit over the out drive cups now. Yes the case bolts are 5 mm now. The steering is tight now. Common of what you’d see in a solid front axle truck

I have no personal experience however, I would speculate that using the V4 steering cross bar setup would make a rear steer conversion far more stable even if used with the V1 thru V3 front steering setup.

Last edited:
Looks good! Glad to see they have the parts in stock. I just got in the taylor diff cups and the bearing upgraded pivot arms, I think the single link will help the slop between the two tires but the saver will still be the problem for rear steering. Next time I break stuff I'll be sure to go with the v4 stuff ... unless they seem worse in the reviews before I do break the taylor cups or twist the pivot arms
Put the both tie rods on the same side of the pivot arms to help with twist, but still alot of links to make slop

Not liking that you don't like the rear steer. I just added it to my V3, for some reason I had to have it, guess it was for the realism like a full-size monster truck has.
I did a complete axle swap so if I don't like it, I can swap it out with the straight axle instead.
Truck is done and was hoping to get it out this weekend but work yesterday and looks like rain today will probably set me back until next weekend.

Not liking that you don't like the rear steer. I just added it to my V3, for some reason I had to have it, guess it was for the realism like a full-size monster truck has.
I did a complete axle swap so if I don't like it, I can swap it out with the straight axle instead.
Truck is done and was hoping to get it out this weekend but work yesterday and looks like rain today will probably set me back until next weekend.
Don't let me get you down on rear steering. I think it great to be able to mod your truck in any way it makes you happy! I was just thinking the new mods won't stop the rear from turning on its own under power or big bumps. I think if you tighten up the servo saver it does stop but then the servos tend to take the brunt of the impacts. Maybe those crazy torque servos can handle it. Or an appropriate driving style.

Don't let me get you down on rear steering. I think it great to be able to mod your truck in any way it makes you happy! I was just thinking the new mods won't stop the rear from turning on its own under power or big bumps. I think if you tighten up the servo saver it does stop but then the servos tend to take the brunt of the impacts. Maybe those crazy torque servos can handle it. Or an appropriate driving style.
My rear servos are 100kg for the steering. Have to see what happens.
Free time or shall I say lack of, has slowed me down getting this thing out. It is ready to go at this point.
If I don't like it then I will have go to plan "B", not that I really have plan "B" but it sounds good anyway.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks