Come inside and check out the GARBAGE Rovan XLT450

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not bad, but more of an entry level 1/5. And atleast not a Blovan. Dbxl will need few minor upgrades depending on your bashing desires. @Seandonato73 can give you his full review and thought on it, I believe he has one still and should chime in at some point. There is the losi mtxl but you'll have to search for a used one or build one through rcmax wesite but that's a whole different price range. All these rigs have plenty of travel for jumping and bashing. If your looking for a jumper, I suggest the 5ive b or a MCD buggy though. Look through the threads and get familiar with what's available out there is all I can say.

It's not bad, but more of an entry level 1/5. And atleast not a Blovan. Dbxl will need few minor upgrades depending on your bashing desires. @Seandonato73 can give you his full review and thought on it, I believe he has one still and should chime in at some point. There is the losi mtxl but you'll have to search for a used one or build one through rcmax wesite but that's a whole different price range. All these rigs have plenty of travel for jumping and bashing. If your looking for a jumper, I suggest the 5ive b or a MCD buggy though. Look through the threads and get familiar with what's available out there is all I can say.
Ok. Thanks. Yeh, I just wanna play in my yard. Jump it and go up and down the side of the bayou. Chase the dogs lol. I keep watching these primal rc raminator videos on YouTube, but my God!, that's a lotta money. Sure looks awesome though.

Ok. Thanks. Yeh, I just wanna play in my yard. Jump it and go up and down the side of the bayou. Chase the dogs lol. I keep watching these primal rc raminator videos on YouTube, but my God!, that's a lotta money. Sure looks awesome though.
That's what I'm building next. 1/5 scale rcs is definitely not a cheap hobby. The Raminators price isn't too bad at 3k until you swap the engine out and start upgrading everything, then can quickly become a 7k+ rig.

The dbxl is a decent starter platform. I did like mine once I got it sorted out. It does need some bits out of the box, to be reliable, but i did run mine for years mostly stock, save alloy chassis braces. Expect the diffs to go up in smoke, center diff mount to crack, and the diff housings to need replaced. Flm center shafts are a must. And the pins need locktite.

The dbxl is a decent starter platform. I did like mine once I got it sorted out. It does need some bits out of the box, to be reliable, but i did run mine for years mostly stock, save alloy chassis braces. Expect the diffs to go up in smoke, center diff mount to crack, and the diff housings to need replaced. Flm center shafts are a must. And the pins need locktite.
Well, if it's not reliable, then I'm not buying it. I do expect whatever I end up buying to be reliable straight out of the box. I've no intention to race. I'm just someone who's always loved R/C and am ready to get back into it. I have a big enough yard in which to play around. My last rig was the MGT 8.0 Team Associated and I'm just so done with the headache that is nitro, so two stroke 1/5th scale, here I come. I want that Raminator so bad I can taste it. I just gotta figure out how to kick up the dough.

Every platform has issues at some point. I had the first release of the gas version. The newer versions are a bit better. As cheap as they are, you can afford a few upgrades out of the box. Drive shafts are a wear item, the flm shafts are the best for longevity. Chassis brace is std in all platforms. In stock form most the parts will last a long time. I didn't have diff issues till I stuck a g320 in it. If you want reliable out of the box get a 5ive t and have at it.
I will say, if you expect a 1/5 to hold up to the stupid treatment of a smaller scale you will be sorely disappointed. 35lb + rigs at 40mph reals stuff fast when you start the tumbles and hard jumps.

Last edited:
Ffs. Buy a rig and keep it as it was built...and to the person inquiring there's no such thing as reliable out of the box... the losi 5t 2.0 is damn near rock solid and the only issue I ran into was human error with not using loctite in a critical spot.... and seriously whats 100% reliable out of the box these days?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks