Come inside and check out the GARBAGE Rovan XLT450

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
damn that's bad , that's worse then I expected even for a rovan . Good luck bud, hope you get your refund. The poop packaging is nothing new, they have had that problem for years.
Is the video still available?
always wondered how much of a decrease in quality you get for a decrease in price on rovan vehicles. Guess this answers my question
That is why I buy king motor Baja stuff for late model oval racing and NOT garbage can Rovan stuff. They AREN'T the same. And Don't start with the clone crappola, HPI is dead now of their own corporate stupidity and if Km stops making their version of the Baja that platform is TOTALLY dead. Would I prefer HPI? ABSOLUTELY, but they are gone now and KM isn't.

Last edited:
That is why I buy king motor Baja stuff for late model oval racing and NOT garbage can Rovan stuff. They AREN'T the same. And Don't start with the clone crappola, HPI is dead now of their own corporate stupidity and if Km stops making their version of the Baja that platform is TOTALLY dead. Would I prefer HPI? ABSOLUTELY, but they are gone now and KM isn't.
Omfg here we go again. Rovan and Km are the same company. King motor is to Rovan like Lexus is to Toyota. King motors like to show off their fancy cheap chinesium that is worse than the plastic. King motor is equally bad or in fact probably worse than Rovan. The km motors are worse according to some sources and I believe it… they even put a fake Fuelie sticker on it and make even worse hp claims then Rovan. I like Rovan because it is more durable and light. King motor attracts first time buyers with all its cheap shiny metal. And Rovan is clearly the better choice out of the 2 with hpi clearly being #1.

I actually never got why people worry about that. I've seen people have way more fun with their POS then I ever had with any of my nitros. This is why I went and bought a stampede. I love bashing it agenst walls

Omfg here we go again. Rovan and Km are the same company. King motor is to Rovan like Lexus is to Toyota. King motors like to show off their fancy cheap chinesium that is worse than the plastic. King motor is equally bad or in fact probably worse than Rovan. The km motors are worse according to some sources and I believe it… they even put a fake Fuelie sticker on it and make even worse hp claims then Rovan. I like Rovan because it is more durable and light. King motor attracts first time buyers with all its cheap shiny metal. And Rovan is clearly the better choice out of the 2 with hpi clearly being #1.
See, the funny thing is: I remove all of the chinesium to lighten the thing for oval racing, I think you got your HPI banana hammock in a wad for nothing Bud. I race and break stuff and I CAN'T wait for non-existent hpi parts. And KM plastics ARE better than rovan, I know because I test them alot on track. Are Rovan and KM the same company? Yep, you're right, but KM is the higher quality of the two, whether you think so or not. To make it clear for you, I would "PREFER" to run an HPI Baja 5b but "CAN'T" because HPI is gone.
Oh and in oval, I don't run the km or rovan engines so IDGAS about the supplied engines. And OMFG, you totally missed the point anyway. If I want to race and will ONLY accept HPI I can't race because HPI is LONG GONE, right?

Last edited:
I’m just trying to make a point. I have a Rovan and my uncle managed to get his hands on a good hpi. The hpi is definitely better. And when I am comparing models I do not include any upgrades because that simply defeats the purpose.
Not gonna go back and forth wasting my time arguing with you done that enough on here with clone lovers. I support Rovan to some extent as in they are keeping the Baja alive and doing a half decent job at it. But if the hpi was still selling at the time I would have bought that instead.

I’m just trying to make a point. I have a Rovan and my uncle managed to get his hands on a good hpi. The hpi is definitely better. And when I am comparing models I do not include any upgrades because that simply defeats the purpose.
Not gonna go back and forth wasting my time arguing with you done that enough on here with clone lovers. I support Rovan to some extent as in they are keeping the Baja alive and doing a half decent job at it. But if the hpi was still selling at the time I would have bought that instead.
We're good, but don't label me a clone-lover. You don't know me, so let's agree that we disagree on some points and leave it at that. Race on fellow 1/5 scaler and good day.

Damm that sucks niz55 looks like Rogan sent you used truck and tried to make it look new. Thanks for the info I was planning on purchasing Rovan XLT450 glad I didn’t. I purchased a Redcat Rampage MT instead.

I am just speechless. This has to be some kind of nightmare. First problem with rovan was the shipping problem and from that point I knew I fiddlesticked up buying from these guys. Recieved the truck today 11am. Opened it up and nightmare became real very quickly. I contacted rovan and again I am being ignorned. I am giving them untill tomorrow and I will contact PayPal and my bank. Is going to be a headache sending this truck back and praying hoping for my refund.

Dan owner of rovan shame on you for selling trash like this.

Everything about this truck is garbage. Rear diff was crunchy and grinding like crazy and very hard to move. The plastic is so soft and flimsy. Heim joints are incredibly loose. This truck is a salvage truck that had been put together by monkeys with junk parts from Afghanistan.

Guys don't make the same mistake I did. DO NOT BUY ANY ROVAN PRODUCTS.

Came packages like poop.
View attachment 68255
View attachment 68256
View attachment 68257

Inside Exhaust header
View attachment 68258

poop job Anodized on aluminum
View attachment 68259

Rubber Intake filter shredded edges and doesn't even fit in the filter correctly.
View attachment 68260

Plastic crap in the intake housing
View attachment 68261

Incredibly dirty gas tank
View attachment 68262

Empty front right shock (didn't bother checking rest)
View attachment 68263

Rear diff missing big spacer. Diff screws are different lengths . (grease in diff of a $1400 truck) ?
View attachment 68264
View attachment 68265

Deformed bottom diff housing
View attachment 68266

Scratch on the piston ( truck never ran or pulled the started)

View attachment 68267

Brown rusty looking stain in exhaust port
View attachment 68268

Head cracked!
View attachment 68269

Front axle touching the control arm
View attachment 68270

Scratched body

View attachment 68271
View attachment 68272

Scratched chassis
View attachment 68273
It looks like an explosion went off in that box.
Eye for eye think of that when u mail it back to them 🤣😉😉

I have a newer rovan baja and so far its actually good besides the pullstart that I broke in 19 minutes of trying to start it. But I sent a message to rovan and they sent me a brand new pullstart with the metal upgrade and it works much better. They responded pretty fast I'm a few hours of when I messaged them but weekends not at all as I don't think there even open then. This thing matches hpi as my friend has one and it's like the same exact model. Maybe quality is different in some areas but I just don't see this massive quality difference. Hpi went out because they wanted way to much for there models. They could have made a basic model like rovan to compete and had better models for more.

I have a newer rovan baja and so far its actually good besides the pullstart that I broke in 19 minutes of trying to start it. But I sent a message to rovan and they sent me a brand new pullstart with the metal upgrade and it works much better. They responded pretty fast I'm a few hours of when I messaged them but weekends not at all as I don't think there even open then. This thing matches hpi as my friend has one and it's like the same exact model. Maybe quality is different in some areas but I just don't see this massive quality difference. Hpi went out because they wanted way to much for there models. They could have made a basic model like rovan to compete and had better models for more.
You mean a Baja XLT?

You have no clue.
You mean a Baja XLT?
You also have no clue.

Lets go for the record today chaps. How many more numb nuts BS can I read on here today? So far its 4 out of 4 posts.

Well since this originally was a thread about the disappointing first impressions from a new XLT owner I kinda implied it by asking him specifically.
I also think you mostly post bs and I don’t go thread by thread reminding everyone how obnoxious can someone be, lol, so 5 out 5

Well since this originally was a thread about the disappointing first impressions from a new XLT owner I kinda implied it by asking him specifically.
I also think you mostly post bs and I don’t go thread by thread reminding everyone how obnoxious can someone be, lol, so 5 out 5
Yep that’s me! Don’t give a poop, what people want is expertise not opinions. We all know how that saying goes.

Anyway carry on with your clap trap diatribe, no one cares. 👍🏾

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks