Come inside and check out the GARBAGE Rovan XLT450

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Imagine they try to sell that unit back to someone else LOL
Now really lets not continue the bashing, I have personally watched other reviews and the truck came out nice. So at least this is not a constant.

Is he sending you money or a new rig?
New rig? That was a new rig. No matter how new they are they will be the same crap.

Refund only.
I think if they were a bit cheaper you could say screw it I can live with it but you aren't really saving enough to come out ahead.

That truck is not even worth $200 if you ask me. Did you even see the picture with the front right drive axle touching the control arm? That is one awful design. People that buy these trucks and make youtube videos talking about some little work is needed are fools. If you watch the video of the blue one the guy basically changed out everything on it.

We are sorry you experienced a problem with this particular vehicle and we did respond to your e mails and have been communicating with you. Your e mails came in late in the day and we responded as soon as we could the next day. We receive these trucks pre built from the manufacturer and have not disagreed with you on what happened with this particular truck. Obviously there were some manufacturing issues with this one and we agreed to send you a return label and give you your money back. No one ignored this problem and we helped you out as best as we could. We have already contacted the manufacturer about this and let them know what they need to improve on so this does not happen again. We try to assist anyone that has any problems. Due to the heavy volume of inquiries and sales we have this time of year we may not get back to you the same day but we do try. I am sorry you had this particular issue but your purchase will be refunded when the truck arrives back here. Thanks.

My question is this...if Rovan and Primal are owned by the same person(s) how is the Primal stuff so on point but you got this from Rovan? That confuses me.?
I used to be in the motorcycle business and went to China in 2009 to have some LED light kits made that I had them directly copy from a sample I sent. The way it works is this, China has the ability to make the highest quality products that you can have confidence in using. The problem lies with the fact that as soon as you turn your back for even one second they will replace a $0.01 resistor etc with something that is 1/4 of that price and 1/10 of the quality which does not sound like much until you factor in a Million pieces and that's not the only piece they swapped for some subpar poopy part during the manufacturing process. If You are there watching them produce your item there's a good chance you will get the quality that you demanded, turn your back for one second and you will get it in YOUR backside. On a side note, that is by far the shittiest brand new RC car I've ever seen. I have a seven-year-old King Motors 5B that is pretty much stock & has been through two Motors that does not have loose tolerances anywhere even close to your car... But just think of how quick the car might steer when the front a arms shift backwards several millimeters and shortens up the wheelbase...:devilish:

Appreciate you coming in here and making things right. As Rovan a company and the owner (Dan) that has been in this business for long time and knows everything about RC cars/trucks you should of defiantly stopped the shipment as soon as you saw the quality on this truck specially charging PREMIUM price. what's done is done and you chose to make it right and going to refund my full purchase price when you receive the truck back.

Thanks again.

always wondered how much of a decrease in quality you get for a decrease in price on rovan vehicles. Guess this answers my question

I’ve only been in this hobby for 3 yrs now and still feel as if I know nothing and my first buy was a used Rovan SLT 360 buggy for $600 which I’ve spent way to much converting to 5T..it came from the seller with a Rovan 2 speed and no center diff came with it...the 2 speed never worked so what did I do...bought a brand new Rovan 2 speed?...I still haven’t got it to work and thanks to TMacks nitro I finally have a glimmer of hope that I can get it to work...I contacted Rovan and they were absolutely no help and had no idea how to operate or adjust it..so I went and bought a new center diff and vertigo clutch bell and gear...I’m giving the 2 speed one more chance after the mod to work before I inevitably change to the center diff...and for the record I completely agree about that certain YouTuber that pumps Rovan like he’s the owner...my experience with Rovan has been very disappointing and if I could’ve afforded better I definitely would’ve went a different route...the old saying you get what u pay for applies in my case for most the parts I’ve bought from them because I can’t afford to pay double for the same part from Losi...in hindsight of course I would’ve saved money by not having to replace a lot of what I bought...it takes for you to call them out like this for them to back up their products and that is unacceptable ...glad they are refunding you though and hopefully they start taking care of the little guys not just their paid YouTubers

Man I purchased Losi 5ive t 2.0 and they had a Rovan right beside for $200 cheaper and the hobby shop told the deal about it and went the Losi glad i did.
In other parts of the world that are not USA, this hobby is a niche and everything is much more expensive (even more if it is an american product) for example:
My rovan lt 36cc costs 900$ but the cheapest Losi 5t 2.0 you can get in this country is 2000$....
Plus average wage is lower here than in America.
I think thats the combination that causes Rovan to be that hyped elsewhere.
If I was living in the states, there is no way I would buy a Rovan for 200/300 or 400$ less than a Losi, even more in an already expensive +1000$ truck.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks