Come inside and check out the GARBAGE Rovan XLT450

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also had plenty of issues with my Rovan LT. Clutch bell bearings were bad and they destroyed the engine bearings and seals + clutch + clutch bell + spur gear in 2 days.
I do regret not buying a genuine 5T.
BUT to be completely fair I also have a Rovan Baja 29cc that has never had an issue with over 50 tanks. And it was 320 euros (360 $).

The grease in the diffs and the empty shocks are intended for transportation over seas (high pressure inside a cargo plane).

These cars are just lotery, but super expensive, if you are lucky they work fine if not you get a money pit.

Btw @niz55 , I think we know now why did it take them a while to ship the car. They were beating the shi* out of it before giving it to you, like a good steak ?, just leaving it tender and juicy ready for you ?

I also had plenty of issues with my Rovan LT. Clutch bell bearings were bad and they destroyed the engine bearings and seals + clutch + clutch bell + spur gear in 2 days.
I do regret not buying a genuine 5T.
BUT to be completely fair I also have a Rovan Baja 29cc that has never had an issue with over 50 tanks. And it was 320 euros (360 $).

The grease in the diffs and the empty shocks are intended for transportation over seas (high pressure inside a cargo plane).

These cars are just lotery, but super expensive, if you are lucky they work fine if not you get

Btw @niz55 , I think we know now why did it take them a while to ship the car. They were beating the shi* out of it before giving it to you, like a good steak ?, just leaving it tender and juicy ready for you ?

Thanks for the support.

Also, the shocks need to have fluid and also the diffs need to have diff oil and not grease with $1400 truck. The shock had maybe 10% oil in it and that is it. Even losi and other horrizon products are shipped over seas and they always have oil in shocks and diff fluid.

I am just speechless. This has to be some kind of nightmare. First problem with rovan was the shipping problem and from that point I knew I fiddlesticked up buying from these guys. Recieved the truck today 11am. Opened it up and nightmare became real very quickly. I contacted rovan and again I am being ignorned. I am giving them untill tomorrow and I will contact PayPal and my bank. Is going to be a headache sending this truck back and praying hoping for my refund.

Dan owner of rovan shame on you for selling trash like this.

Everything about this truck is garbage. Rear diff was crunchy and grinding like crazy and very hard to move. The plastic is so soft and flimsy. Heim joints are incredibly loose. This truck is a salvage truck that had been put together by monkeys with junk parts from Afghanistan.

Guys don't make the same mistake I did. DO NOT BUY ANY ROVAN PRODUCTS.

Came packages like poop.
View attachment 68255
View attachment 68256
View attachment 68257

Inside Exhaust header
View attachment 68258

poop job Anodized on aluminum
View attachment 68259

Rubber Intake filter shredded edges and doesn't even fit in the filter correctly.
View attachment 68260

Plastic crap in the intake housing
View attachment 68261

Incredibly dirty gas tank
View attachment 68262

Empty front right shock (didn't bother checking rest)
View attachment 68263

Rear diff missing big spacer. Diff screws are different lengths . (grease in diff of a $1400 truck) ?
View attachment 68264
View attachment 68265

Deformed bottom diff housing
View attachment 68266

Scratch on the piston ( truck never ran or pulled the started)

View attachment 68267

Brown rusty looking stain in exhaust port
View attachment 68268

Head cracked!
View attachment 68269

Front axle touching the control arm
View attachment 68270

Scratched body

View attachment 68271
View attachment 68272

Scratched chassis
View attachment 68273
Thanks for the support.

Also, the shocks need to have fluid and also the diffs need to have diff
I still have these great rides to play with. I want the rovan out of the garage as soon as possible.

View attachment 68291

Last edited:
? And allen cestra has joined us ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?
I contacted Dan about this and made him aware of your issues . Contact him ASAP to get it resolved. Rovan rc has excellent customer service and you should always contact the seller before getting upset . Please email [email protected]
Maybe you should worry about getting pipes out to your paying customers instead of worrying about rovan, they can handle themselves buddy ????

I contacted Dan about this and made him aware of your issues . Contact him ASAP to get it resolved. Rovan rc has excellent customer service and you should always contact the seller before getting upset . Please email [email protected]

I appreciate the help but you have to understand that he responds in less than 5min when trying to make the sell but when something goes bad I am on hold for lonnnng time. They don't even answer phone calls.

Also other people have to be aware of this truck. I don't want them spending $1400 and getting junk.

Sounds like they'd be better off sending everything empty but with bottles of fluid for us to assemble ourselves.
Yeah probably.

About the topic, point is that you got enough evidence to get a refund and thats it. I wish the issues with my rig had been that obvious so I could ‘ve returned it, but in my case it was too long since I bought it.
So, a bummer for all your hype but not a big deal, no collateral damage shall we say.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks