Crucial 5ive B

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I assume stock manifold at the moment but I found something very interesting that needs to be posted. I pulled off the tank vent and tried sucking air through it. ?Nada. So being who we are, I took it apart. It consists of 3 parts. A plastic vent tube, rubber bladder, and cap. To my surprise the vent tube had a place where it should have been cut to allow air into the tube and through the cap. I cut a slit in the tube and reassembled and voila, the vent was acting properly. Reassembled the assembly and now I have to take her for a spin. I also noticed that the primer bulb seemed easier to push and seemed to fill up more.??

After seeing yours I took mine off this morning...

Mine was same as yours... works much better now...

I also still have to find time to test but that definitely had to help!

Ok since my man Z is on a break from his issues, I'm going to vent some of mine. I'm still having the 10 minute run issue. Cause I only am able to get 10 minutes of run before the primer bulb goes empty. I've switched out the stock intake/insulator for the RB Innovation aluminum piece and run time dropped to 3 minutes.?? Its been proven, at least on my 5ive B they are junk. I did notice the intake gasket(graphite type) was pretty worn so I ordered a new one from DDM, but it hasn't arrived yet. I was also talking to my brother in law and he told me my tank is still not venting properly. He said the vent is performing opposite than it should. He said the tank should let air out and the supplied vent on my Losi tank was only letting air in. So....I removed the rubber bladder from inside the vent to allow air both ways and put the stock intake(with old gasket) back in and tomorrow I'm going to take her back out. Wish me luck. I'll get some pics and videos for the visual fiends later.?

Still sounds like a vapor lock issue. Could be the diaphram in the carb is weak as well. The vent should work both ways. The bladder is there to keep the fuel from sloshing up into the vent hole. I got nothing else for ya as my mind is about a blank.?

Still sounds like a vapor lock issue. Could be the diaphram in the carb is weak as well. The vent should work both ways. The bladder is there to keep the fuel from sloshing up into the vent hole. I got nothing else for ya as my mind is about a blank.?
Appreciate the help.?? The bladder definitely only works in one direction(lets in air but wont let any out). I just installed the new modified 990 in the buggy about a week ago, so I'm pretty sure it's not the diaphragm. I thought it also when I had my stock 1107 with the same issues so I put the 990 backup in there to see if anything would change but nada, same issues.

Figured I need to put together a build thread for my 5ive. I love putting together kits so it was a no brainer for which 1/5 scale I HAD to get. DDM 34cc ESP modified engine with a silenced Victory pipe. Savox servos. Killer Bee kill switch and 7200mah lipo electronics batt. I have a bunch of parts to install on her that I've been collecting from DDM. I will start posting on here as I install them. Here's a few pics of where I'm at now with her.
View attachment 50100View attachment 50101View attachment 50102View attachment 50103View attachment 50104View attachment 50105View attachment 50106View attachment 50107View attachment 50108
Fantastic build in progress! You go, Bro! ??

It's a bad gasket on the manifold + rb junk? get new gaskets ?? stock manifold ?? pretty sure ( may be wrong) vent works one way??. If it work both ways fuel would leak when you flip your car? this is how my 5b ran with the billet manifold??? air flow will also help
View attachment 53017
Well gasket is ordered. Along with some more goodies from DDM.? You know I have tons of air flow with my car.?? RB isolator is now in my parts box?? Don't understand how they can still sell that thing.
I saw and was blown away by the crispness of your work before. ??
Thanks again?

Check to see if zen motors have torque spec on the manifold? OBR use 60inlb on their plastic manifolds........and I set my reed block at that.......but if never check what zenoha use??? or if there is one....my piston port I eyeballed it ?
Aight?? From my man Phill2 from last year.
Screenshot_20190901-231258_Chrome.jpg
Gotta love those!!! ???
Yes sir.Screenshot_20190831-151657_Chrome.jpg

Yeah my shock perch came out while testing the other day while on vacation and I remember you had them with good remarks so I pulled the trigger. DDM has been great to me over the years so I figured I would grab a T?
I also had mine pop out ? but that new irp gear is solid?? may have to order a shirt one of these days soon??

I'm going to get the split center diff also. Which one did you go with Doug?

About the vent hole Doug, the Snappy RC vent conversion work by letting air in and out until a rollover then the checkball blocks the vent. Just like the hole in the gas cap works by letting air in and out? I have a Snappy kit here that's how I was able to check how it works.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks