Crucial 5ive B

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what exhaust are you running? have you vented your chassis side pods at all?

are you still running the 34cc with victory pipe?

that 34cc will create a lot of heat
Yup 34cc with VRC pipe. No I haven't vented the side guards.? But I have a ton of openings in the body and I header wrapped the pipe.
20190808_213028.jpg20190808_213039.jpg20190808_213158.jpg20190808_213206.jpg20190808_213136.jpg20190808_213148.jpg

what exhaust are you running? have you vented your chassis side pods at all?

are you still running the 34cc with victory pipe?

that 34cc will create a lot of heat

bore some 1/2 holes in the body in front of the air filter. a tgn style air filter will also help as it can suck air from the front of the carb through the holes in the body, where as the stock air filter supplied in the kit is not great imo as it only draws air in from either side of a hot engine
I don't have a problem with the sto k air box??
Yup 34cc with VRC pipe. No I haven't vented the side guards.? But I have a ton of openings in the body and I header wrapped the pipe.
View attachment 53024View attachment 53025View attachment 53026View attachment 53027View attachment 53028View attachment 53029
Its plenty of ventilation there crucial ???

I understand you have vented the body but I really would suggest venting the side pods.

you are going to need all the help you can with a 34cc

please see my post in another thread.
https://www.largescaleforums.com/threads/project-“uptonothing”-5ive-b-build.23649/page-6#post-232991
Yeah I have read your thread and respect your opinion for sure, but don't think the guard venting should be needed with all the body holes and header wrap on the pipe. I will do it at last resort if needed tho.
Nice crucial you did a pipe wrap??
Yeah but was a pain to do and keep tight. I'm going to ceramic coat it this winter.

Last edited:
(y)this is what chris higa the tlr 5th scale chap recommends.

but hey, what ever works best for you (y)

let us know how it goes (y)
I will definitely do it if I feel deemed necessary. But I have to shake out a few other things before I cut up the guards. Doug runs his hard without that mod and he has a OBR 34cc. They are next on the chopping block tho?

Me too.

I ran this engine hard for about a year with no problems with heating. That's what makes me think it is something else.

ah I was not aware you have ran it without issue for so long, I thought you had issues from the start lol

now I understand why you are looking at the tank vent ect.

my fuel bowl was emptying when I had a split fuel line as it couldn't keep pressure to draw in the fuel fast enough.

ah I was not aware you have ran it without issue for so long, I thought you had issues from the start lol

now I understand why you are looking at the tank vent ect.

my fuel bowl was emptying when I had a split fuel line as it couldn't keep pressure to draw in the fuel fast enough.
I see you haven't read my build thread ? Where was your split line? In the tank?

Hey Crucial . I'm thinking your short run time issue is due to the vent breather for your tank. Granted my breather is probably different than your. I took mine apart and found the diaphragm and moved and covered the vent hole in it . Also because I had mine installed at the gas tank grommet I think gas was getting up into the vent and messing with it . So I took and moved it about 6 to 7 inches away. Seems to have cured the issue. I hope.

Oh also the vent should be a one way valve. The carb creates a vacuum on the tank and the vent lets air into the tank . If it can't do this the engine starves for fuel. The vent is a one way valve.

Hey Crucial . I'm thinking your short run time issue is due to the vent breather for your tank. Granted my breather is probably different than your. I took mine apart and found the diaphragm and moved and covered the vent hole in it . Also because I had mine installed at the gas tank grommet I think gas was getting up into the vent and messing with it . So I took and moved it about 6 to 7 inches away. Seems to have cured the issue. I hope.

Oh also the vent should be a one way valve. The carb creates a vacuum on the tank and the vent lets air into the tank . If it can't do this the engine starves for fuel. The vent is a one way valve.
Aight, then I'm stumped Coop.? How come when I open the gas cap the tank is pressurized? Is the vent not letting enough air in? Do you have any pics of what you did?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks