Crucial 5ive B

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crucialRC

Sir Lancelot 🛡
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
Figured I need to put together a build thread for my 5ive. I love putting together kits so it was a no brainer for which 1/5 scale I HAD to get. DDM 34cc ESP modified engine with a silenced Victory pipe. Savox servos. Killer Bee kill switch and 7200mah lipo electronics batt. I have a bunch of parts to install on her that I've been collecting from DDM. I will start posting on here as I install them. Here's a few pics of where I'm at now with her.

Figured I need to put together a build thread for my 5ive. I love putting together kits so it was a no brainer for which 1/5 scale I HAD to get. DDM 34cc ESP modified engine with a silenced Victory pipe. Savox servos. Killer Bee kill switch and 7200mah lipo electronics batt. I have a bunch of parts to install on her that I've been collecting from DDM. I will start posting on here as I install them. Here's a few pics of where I'm at now with her.
View attachment 50100View attachment 50101View attachment 50102View attachment 50103View attachment 50104View attachment 50105View attachment 50106View attachment 50107View attachment 50108
Your 5b is beautiful ??

Very very nice
Thanks Milo
very clean? i like the mesh you did on the shell?
Thanks Doug. It was the 1st time messing with Shoegoo. I really didn't like it for this application because it takes a long time to set up. I ended up having to use hot glue to hold the corners of the aluminum mesh down to allow the goo to setup with the mesh in the correct placement. :unsure:Next time I may use a quick drying epoxy.

Last edited:
Welcome Timetoshine. I used a small hole saw that I got from a backup sensor kit off eBay. No numbers on it but measures out to 7/8". It was the perfect size.
So Shoegoo, is it the same thing as 3M rtv 3145 ?
:unsure:Not sure Coop. Just looked at the tube and it was actually E6000. They sell it at Home Depot. I read on another forum that it was pretty much the same.

Attachments

• 20190311_150719.jpg
    20190311_150719.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 15523348559521269353001.jpg
    15523348559521269353001.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 4
Welcome Timetoshine. I used a small hole saw that I got from a backup sensor kit off eBay. No numbers on it but measures out to 7/8". It was the perfect size.

Oh ok thanks, cur50126rently building mine and I was wondering, any tips on how to position the holes ?

:oops::p??o_O That's sick man! Where are you from??

I just laid it out to what I thought looked good. I drew some straight lines to lineup all my holes then measured a good distance between marks to center the holes, then drilled with the hole saw. The small hole saw was great because it had a small drill bit to center on the line. After everything was drilled I used some Goof Off to get rid of the rest of marker that I used to layout.

TTS, I just added your car to the "Pics of you favorite builds and engines" thread.??

Last edited:
:oops::p??o_O That's sick man! Where are you from??

I just laid it out to what I thought looked good. I drew some straight lines to lineup all my holes then measured a good distance between marks to center the holes, then drilled with the hole saw. The small hole saw was great because it had a small drill bit to center on the line. After everything was drilled I used some Goof Off to get rid of the rest of marker that I used to layout.

TTS, I just added your car to the "Pics of you favorite builds and engines" thread.??

Hey thanks :) I also have other 5th scale rc hehe ! I'm from Canada, still cold and snowy here :(

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks