Crucial 5ive B

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wassup guys I need your expertise. 1st off today I took the Losi 5b to the park for a quick run. I noticed that when i 1st opened the tank cap there was a crazy amount of vacuum that was released. Didn't understand why because the Losi has a vented tank bit I went ahead and filled with fuel and got a good 10min run in. She ran perfect for the whole 10min then she shut down on me. Go over to her and pull the starter and she start then when I put a load on her she cuts off. I look at the primer bulb and it's empty and every time I pump it no fuel comes into it. So I open the tank cap again and once again vacuum in the tank. I try to prime it with the cap off and still a no go. Its the 1107 carb on the 34cc DDM. Should the vent be an open screen or like the pic? What would cause the primer bulb not to pump?

Attachments

• 15595048253711337143577.jpg
    15595048253711337143577.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 7
Wassup guys I need your expertise. 1st off today I took the Losi 5b to the park for a quick run. I noticed that when i 1st opened the tank cap there was a crazy amount of vacuum that was released. Didn't understand why because the Losi has a vented tank bit I went ahead and filled with fuel and got a good 10min run in. She ran perfect for the whole 10min then she shut down on me. Go over to her and pull the starter and she start then when I put a load on her she cuts off. I look at the primer bulb and it's empty and every time I pump it no fuel comes into it. So I open the tank cap again and once again vacuum in the tank. I try to prime it with the cap off and still a no go. Its the 1107 carb on the 34cc DDM. Should the vent be an open screen or like the pic? What would cause the primer bulb not to pump?
I don't have a 5b but I think your vent looks fine, but is internally messed up, I'd try s new vent first

Hey curcial
Id test the line . Pull the hose off and try pull gas through without the tank...
Or the diafram under the prime could be faked
I'll check the line when I get home cause it has the quick connects on them and I have another I can use to add an extension back to the tank.
My first thought was vapor lock as the 5b's are well known for getting hot but that wouldn't explain why it won't prime when it's cooled down.
Exactly Mark ? That's what makes me think the diaphragm is bad cause it won't prime hot cold or cap on or off.

Sounds like your vent is clogged bro.
Yeah Coop, I will check that when i get home also.

But check this, I left the park and went over my in laws house for family dinner and for shits n giggles I went back out to the suburban to see if the primer bulb was still not working. Guess what, it was now working. So I took it for another run in his yard with no body on and this time no problems. After 20min running no problems and the primer bulb was still full and cycling fuel, but the tank still had a little pressure in it. So now the delimma....what is causing the tank vacuum issue? I'm still going to go home and check the fuel lines and tank vent tho.

Last edited:
Now sounds like a heat issue.........
I thought so too but what about the tank pressure? If something is wrong with the vent wouldn’t that starve the carb also? I didn’t get a chance to check the lines and vent last night so I am going to check them both when I get home from work. I have never had a heat problem since I’ve holed out the body. Either way I’m going to find out today. Thanks guys??

What manifold you running ?
On the carb
I assume stock manifold at the moment but I found something very interesting that needs to be posted. I pulled off the tank vent and tried sucking air through it. ?Nada. So being who we are, I took it apart. It consists of 3 parts. A plastic vent tube, rubber bladder, and cap. To my surprise the vent tube had a place where it should have been cut to allow air into the tube and through the cap. I cut a slit in the tube and reassembled and voila, the vent was acting properly. Reassembled the assembly and now I have to take her for a spin. I also noticed that the primer bulb seemed easier to push and seemed to fill up more.??

Attachments

• 20190603_152127.jpg
    20190603_152127.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 6
  • 20190603_152043.jpg
    20190603_152043.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 20190603_151917.jpg
    20190603_151917.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20190603_152017.jpg
    20190603_152017.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20190603_152000.jpg
    20190603_152000.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 20190603_152103.jpg
    20190603_152103.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 7
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks