Crucial 5ive-T

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check for broken reeds. I have heard of some cases where this has happened. It use to happen frequently years ago.
All good.
20200311_185338.jpg
If something got in wouldn't the scratches be on the intake side? Cuz those are in the exhuast side it looks like.
Could be wrong tho
Also check this out
http://www.madsens1.com/saw_piston_fail.htm
The last 3 look like possible causes to me
True it is on the exhaust side. I'll read that in a little bit. Well guess I'm ordering a top end kit and rebuilding but damn?

This one is exactly as my piston looks. The damage lined up with my rear transfer port on the flywheel side. I bet it cooked from grass in the billet case holes. I'm going to have to do something? Damn top end kit is $250?
Screenshot_20200311-192335_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
All good.
View attachment 57007

True it is on the exhaust side. I'll read that in a little bit. Well guess I'm ordering a top end kit and rebuilding but damn?

This one is exactly as my piston looks. The damage lined up with my rear transfer port on the flywheel side. I bet it cooked from grass in the billet case holes. I'm going to have to do something? Damn top end kit is $250?
View attachment 57008
Guess I solved it ????? jk.
$250 ??? I'd grab one of those outerwear chassis covers for the 5t so it doesn't clog up like that again

I'd still add one tho, or like fenders or summin to the cage/body so keep grass n stuff out. $250 is a lot and I wouldn't want to see him replacing that prematurely again. Maybe im just a paranoid feker And that is somewhat rare occurrence but that's me ?‍♂️ I don't and never have owned a losi so I wouldn't really know how bad they are with grass collecting.

Guess I solved it ????? jk.
$250 ??? I'd grab one of those outerwear chassis covers for the 5t so it doesn't clog up like that again
Yes sir. I have the Bartolone body panels in my part bin that will be goin on next. Good job with helping to find the culprit. That site was perfect??
I have the same crank case on my Kraken baja the V2 and I give it WOT and not had any issues and no outerwears ?‍♂️?
Has yours ever clogged up like the pics I posted??

Gunna be very careful now, as I have the same exact case design (piston port version tho obv) on me Baja, would not want this to happen ?
Probably Gunna build some covers out if alu/steel mesh around the case and such so it can't even enter the chassis area ?

While the pic of heat damage from poor cooling looks to be the culprit, does it explain the dry carb? I don't see how grass would cause that. Your carb running dry points to some sort of lean condition imo. Would hate to see you cook another top end thinking it was just the grass.

A bit but not too the point of causing an issue?‍♂️ one thing I always check to see the state of the field and if it just been cut wont run ??
It's winter time here. Field hadn't been cut for some time. I will definitely walk it next time tho. I believe the Barty cage panels will help out a lot.
Do I get a good boy cookie for that!?? ???
?I guess and thanks for shedding a little lightness to the situation?
While the pic of heat damage from poor cooling looks to be the culprit, does it explain the dry carb? I don't see how grass would cause that. Your carb running dry points to some sort of lean condition imo. Would hate to see you cook another top end thinking it was just the grass.
Poor cooling equates to higher temps then vapor lock. Similar issue I had with my 5ive-B.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks