Crucial Kraken Vekta.5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yo @crucialRC I got a question for you bro... Everything I see on these BB sites talk about upgrading diff housings but nothing about diff gears. Why would a housing make it a stronger drive train? Am I missing something?

Also, I haven't found any HD driveshafts or cups. Any recommendations? Or are the stock just built strong enough to handle it?

And one last thing, I've never had to crack open a diff. I understand and can visualize how to rebuild it (have also watched videos of it being done) but one thing I never see is people putting the oil in. Do you just put the gears in and then fill it to the top? Or is there some hole you fill it through after you put it back together?

A question, that's more than 1? So, diff gears are usually not an issue. The issue is heat. As there is more speed the diff cup or diff housing can heat up and distort and misalign the pinion and ring gear if the housing distorts or misalign the planetary and sun gear within the cup. Either way, when they misalign one will either get stripped or come shooting out. The diff cups on the vekta are beefy billet so no need to upgrade. Stock 5ive cups are plastic unless you are talking about the tlr 5iveB center cup which is aluminum.

The vekta drivetrain is bulletproof. The outdrive cups are massive and the axles are huge. I hear some people having problems with the pins but that's usually from not red loctiting the grub screw.

All you do is pull the ring gear from the cup and empty fluid and replace with new. Fill just over the planetary gears?? Fyi I have 1M weight in the rear diff and 500k in the front. Slipper tightened all the way then backed a hair. 20200107_205603.jpg20200108_162404.jpg20200104_155704.jpg20200104_160026.jpg20200109_173535.jpg

A question, that's more than 1? So, diff gears are usually not an issue. The issue is heat. As there is more speed the diff cup or diff housing can heat up and distort and misalign the pinion and ring gear if the housing distorts or misalign the planetary and sun gear within the cup. Either way, when they misalign one will either get stripped or come shooting out. The diff cups on the vekta are beefy billet so no need to upgrade. Stock 5ive cups are plastic unless you are talking about the tlr 5iveB center cup which is aluminum.

The vekta drivetrain is bulletproof. The outdrive cups are massive and the axles are huge. I hear some people having problems with the pins but that's usually from not red loctiting the grub screw.

All you do is pull the ring gear from the cup and empty fluid and replace with new. Fill just over the planetary gears?? Fyi I have 1M weight in the rear diff and 500k in the front. Slipper tightened all the way then backed a hair. View attachment 60843View attachment 60844View attachment 60845View attachment 60846View attachment 60847
Thanks bro. Always helpful and knowledgeable. I'll probably get around to ordering the RCMax chassis/diff/tower kit, but I'm just gonna leave it alone for now. I also saw that RCmax recommends 1m in the rear and 300 in the front, but as I can't seem to find 300 I was gonna go with 200. Think I should go with 500 instead?

No problem. 200k will be better for turning. 500k will be better for straight traction. ?Might not be able to tell really. I go pretty much straight full blast runs so wasn't worried about a technical turn with that big azz truck.

No problem. 200k will be better for turning. 500k will be better for straight traction. ?Might not be able to tell really. I go pretty much straight full blast runs so wasn't worried about a technical turn with that big azz truck.
Jeez. I run 100k and feel like my wheels lock up plenty fine. Wonder how much torque it takes to make 200k feel weak.

Most of us run real stiff diff fluid. And your running 2wd. So different ball game.

Servo savor? All our rigs have built in savers in the bell crank under the top mount.

About how often. I now have 4 spares on hand. My symptoms of course was the oil splatter and she would fall on her face on throttle. And I noticed as the oil on the head got worst it would backfire a little on full throttle. All seems to be working good now??
View attachment 60770View attachment 60771View attachment 60772View attachment 60773View attachment 60774View attachment 60775
Until...

I thought something happened in the engine cause it just locked up. Im actually happy it was just the spring. Upgrade time now.

Doug's starting a new life, I'm well rooted?

??
I work on a lot of saws for people so it's hard to say. Some crap out after very little time some seem to last forever. I buy them off ebay in a 10 pack. On my personal stuff, they have all been replaced at least once, save one.

What are the vekta guys using for a radio box with the dual steering servos
I was looking at your setup and wondering about the radio box on yours. That is custom and doesn't come on a vekta. The previous owner added that to yours. The stock battery box houses the radio and batt for the dual servos too.

I was looking at your setup and wondering about the radio box on yours. That is custom and doesn't come on a vekta. The previous owner added that to yours. The stock battery box houses the radio and batt for the dual servos too.

Oooo. Good to know. He did give me a dual mount for it to.

Also replaced the rear upper trailing arms with the Kraken upgraded ones. ?Trying to holdout on putting the pipe back on....just in case someone has a new battery box for sale??View attachment 60902View attachment 60903View attachment 60904
I just bought a few parts, including the FF dual servo mount also just in case someone has a battery box for sale :ROFLMAO:
Someone wanted to be fancy and wants engravings on their battery box so blame that guy for the lag? ??
Trying to dial in the engraving.

Attachments

• 3D120FE7-900F-4377-BA23-3FDFB220BA9C.jpeg
    3D120FE7-900F-4377-BA23-3FDFB220BA9C.jpeg
    118.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 155E1558-2281-4EA9-8B38-83701CF222F7.jpeg
    155E1558-2281-4EA9-8B38-83701CF222F7.jpeg
    171.5 KB · Views: 15
  • E64DA14F-BE43-4F03-AAD7-F141D0688E0A.jpeg
    E64DA14F-BE43-4F03-AAD7-F141D0688E0A.jpeg
    100.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 193F93E5-0670-4639-A959-B628B53A6B6A.jpeg
    193F93E5-0670-4639-A959-B628B53A6B6A.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 14
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks