Crucial Primal Dragster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deepest , darkest hole !!?? Huh ! For the longest time I could never see any sense in taking a great running rig , right out of the box and putting in 5 times the motor that it comes with ? Don't get me wrong here I upgrade everything too , but I never did the motor upgrade , just everything around it , UNTILL ! I watched a couple RC dirt drags race videos , WOW ! Now there's a thing I could see alot if sense in aside from the required money , I've got a losi 5ive t 2.0 coming it's a rtr , but I can now see me getting a roller kit five in a year or so and tearing up some parks or something , I think I'm a changed rc'r?

This was supposed to be a winter build and it will go into the winter for sure but I have a few parts that are starting to trickle in. @Seandonato73 is right about using one of the engines i have. I'm gonna throw the esp 34 in there to get a hang of driving this thing. I'd hate to throw the 71 straight in and crash it because I couldn't handle the speed of it. 20201106_120035.jpg20201106_120731.jpg
This weekend some of the Philly guys are coming down to run against some of the BaltimoreRC guys. Gonna try to get up there too. Not sure about running the dragster tho? Also waiting on some paint for the body. Going with the color changing paint Sean and I discussed in another thread??

This was supposed to be a winter build and it will go into the winter for sure but I have a few parts that are starting to trickle in. @Seandonato73 is right about using one of the engines i have. I'm gonna throw the esp 34 in there to get a hang of driving this thing. I'd hate to throw the 71 straight in and crash it because I couldn't handle the speed of it. View attachment 65652View attachment 65653
This weekend some of the Philly guys are coming down to run against some of the BaltimoreRC guys. Gonna try to get up there too. Not sure about running the dragster tho? Also waiting on some paint for the body. Going with the color changing paint Sean and I discussed in another thread??

I'd be tempted to have a shake down with it, don't go for fastest speed but have a bash with it. If the lads are racing then you have a wealth of knowledge there for advice on setup with YOUR rig. Paint can come at later date.

I'd be tempted to have a shake down with it, don't go for fastest speed but have a bash with it. If the lads are racing then you have a wealth of knowledge there for advice on setup with YOUR rig. Paint can come at later date.
It would be fun but would also be a stretch to get this haul of parts on it before Sunday. Not saying it's not possible but... I also need a wheelie bar, which I still can't believe a dragster doesn't come with??‍♂️ Also need some good slicks cause the ones that come with it are not sticky whatsoever? They remind me of the "slicks" that come on the Traxxas xo1. Which slid me right into a curb??‍♂️ Oh by the way, the xo1 is back too, with a sweet set of 5th scale GRPs. Chassis mods were crazy to fit. Z, thats a lot of meat???
20201030_203847.jpg20201030_203913.jpg

It would be fun but would also be a stretch to get this haul of parts on it before Sunday. Not saying it's not possible but... I also need a wheelie bar, which I still can't believe a dragster doesn't come with??‍♂️ Also need some good slicks cause the ones that come with it are not sticky whatsoever? They remind me of the "slicks" that come on the Traxxas xo1. Which slid me right into a curb??‍♂️ Oh by the way, the xo1 is back too, with a sweet set of 5th scale GRPs. Chassis mods were crazy to fit. Z thats a lot of meat???
View attachment 65654View attachment 65655

I saw on your YT channel what you did to the XO1, you where lucky with that. Suppose build time eats into family time so its always a juggle.
That is mad that a dragstar doesn't come with a wheelie bar unless its because most people fab their own up.
Whether you run the drag or not i'm sure your gonna have a great time and get a lot of knowledge and more ideas for your rigs.

It would be fun but would also be a stretch to get this haul of parts on it before Sunday. Not saying it's not possible but... I also need a wheelie bar, which I still can't believe a dragster doesn't come with??‍♂️ Also need some good slicks cause the ones that come with it are not sticky whatsoever? They remind me of the "slicks" that come on the Traxxas xo1. Which slid me right into a curb??‍♂️ Oh by the way, the xo1 is back too, with a sweet set of 5th scale GRPs. Chassis mods were crazy to fit. Z, thats a lot of meat???
View attachment 65654View attachment 65655
Luv me sum meat ??

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks