• Kinda

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • YES

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Nah I'll pass

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
k I couldn't figure out cad modeling cuz im stoopid (jk) and i figured that idea wouldn't work very well so I decided to scrap it and after some thinking, i came up with this idea. so i want to buy a gear like this (the largest 1)

and drill out the center so i can put a crank bearing in there and then slide this onto the crank when the crank is in the case and the gear will sit in this part of the case
then i will make a mount for the hall sensore and mount that too the gear. then i can put a pinnion on the old alx pickup mounts so they will holt the other gear that sits in the crank from spinning.. but to adjust it i loosen the pinion so i can spin the other gear and adjust timing. then the 40mm flywheel will be above the gear not touching it. hope that made any sort of sense lol soon ill make sum fake gears and stuff so u can get a idea of what im talking about

Cool idea. I like it. You'll need a gear with fine teeth so you have a bunch of adjustment. Or make a slot in your holder gear for fine adjustment.
No the teath are only for locking the gear into place, if I loosen the pinion and in mesh it from the other gear and can make fine adjustment and then re mesh it, so their not fixed gears

Ah yes! That would work well too.
Yep. I think this is probably the best idea whilst keeping this affordable ?
Here is a mock up

See there's the bottom gear (obvs just a prototype) with the hall sensor mount
The there's the bottom gear, sensor mount, and locking gear
Then this is with flywheel, both gears, and sensor mount
That gear is not the actual gear I'll use it's just a mock up gear. I think this will work. I've found me a 40mm flywheel. Just need gears which should be easy enough. I'll need to make a custom mount for the locking gear. Also I'll make a custom bracket thing that will hold the wire of the sensor so it don't get snagged in the Flywheel, cuz that's not fun.

Last edited:
OK, well if you decide to go fixed/ adjustable sensor :

See if you can find a free downloadable Autocad Inventor viewer that can read ".ipt" type files . I can email you the assembly file.

mkay so now I have 164 USD so for that i can get the CDI, tach, ignition tester with a degree wheel, flywheel, clutch bell. then after that, I just need 58 dollars in more parts but I think I might save 70 just in case for any BS that might come up. WERE GETTING CLOSE! this might actually happen.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks