• Kinda

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • YES

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Nah I'll pass

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I found a fabrication and machine shop and I'll go tomorrow and see what he charges. If it's cheap enough I'll get him to do it if not, I'll keep looking. Wish me luck lol. I'd like to get it done first try so I can hopefully have alk the parts order and custom stuff done this week, if not I still have another week but it would be great to get it done a week early

I think I'll bring the exhuast to sum cheap ass exhuast shop to get welded and they might do it for free. I honestly don't care how nasty looking the welds are because it's a temporary exhuast, as long as it don't leak or break, it'd fine
I just took my bart pipe for a fix at a dirt bike shop after the support braket broke guy charge me R250 which in the US $10 so it was super cheap. I then managed to find a chroming spot the cost another $15. Was not free but very little(y)

So here's my latest problem, my stupid ass didn't order the ignition gears that needa be modded by the machine shop on Tuesday or Wednesday, so if I order gears to day, I do not know if they will come on Monday or Tuesday morning in time for me to go the the machine shop. So this presents 2 options, I order to gears right now and gamble to see if they come on Monday or Tuesday morning, or I try to find gears locally. First I'll try to find gears locally and if i cant find nothing, I'll order and take a gamble

Mkay. I can't use the flywheel I've bought so I'mma use a clutch plate and stick a magnet in it for the new flywheel. The reason why I can't run the other Flywheel is because I don't have enough back spacing for the ignition gear. So that's that. I've ordered the gear and it will come on Monday ? but I honestly think this whole change of plans will hinder the already slim chance of getting this done before next Saturday but I'll try my best

Last edited:
Mkay. I can't use the flywheel I've bought so I'mma use a clutch plate and stick a magnet in it for the new flywheel. The reason why I can't run the other Flywheel is because I don't have enough back spacing for the ignition gear. So that's that. I've ordered the gear and it will come on Monday ? but I honestly think this whole change of plans will hinder the already slim chance of getting this done before next Saturday but I'll try my best
So lemme get this straight you gonna run with no flywheel?:oops::unsure:

Did your block not come with a flywheel?
What's the stock setup?
K just re read post . So why would you take only 5mm off the one side?.
Was just on rhw alx web page. Seems they have no fly wheel and coil runs off the pull stat 50442
Can't you put the coil on like so?

Last edited:
Did your block not come with a flywheel?
What's the stock setup?
K just re read post . So why would you take only 5mm off the one side?.
Was just on rhw alx web page. Seems they have no fly wheel and coil runs off the pull stat View attachment 50442
Can't you put the coil on like so?
Ok. Soooooooo remember I had to make my own ignition system because I don't have pre set timing and all of that. So my custom ignition system uses gears to adjust timing and the geses go on the back of the flywheel/technically below the flywheel, heres a better way od explaining it

https://www.largescaleforums.com/threads/custom-70cc-engine-build.22765/page-20
So I need back spacing so the flywheel don't rub on the gear. And the way the flywheel is right now, its too thick and not enough back spacing so I can fit a gear and bearing back there, so I wanna remove 5mm off the back of the flywheel so I will have enough back spacing.
Also, no alx does run a Flywheel, this is how their set up is. I cannot run it because my timing is not pre set like theirs and I need it to be adjustable vs theirs is non adjustable/fixedIMG_20190209_160532.jpg
Than the pull start covers that /\

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMKKKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY so here's my newest idea, how about now uusing that old flywheel and then, buy this https://www.horizonhobby.com/flywheel--42mm:-31-dyne0520 its for the dynamite 31cc gas for that lst2xxl engine and already has a magnet, all id needa do (theoretically since i don't have measurements but soon will) is drill the center hole bigger for my crank, i don't think a keyway would be required becuase there's no load on that side and the flywheel is light. what do u think?

Yup seen em. So the only reason for your flywheel is ignition. The pawl will tighten up on the flywheel so it wont move? Just thinking of the high RPMs the crank will be spinning. Wouldn't take much for the flywheel to move a very small increment to throw your timing off without a key way.

Yup seen em. So the only reason for your flywheel is ignition. The pawl will tighten up on the flywheel so it wont move? Just thinking of the high RPMs the crank will be spinning. Wouldn't take much for the flywheel to move a very small increment to throw your timing off without a key way.
yep pretty much. i could get the machine shop to put a key way in it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks