• Kinda

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • YES

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Nah I'll pass

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unrelated to the Flywheel but, if you recall back when I received my crankshaft I said I needed a new piston because the crank was different size pin blah blah blah? Well last week i contacted them to see if I could get a exchange for the piston and they actually said yes even tho it's been 5 or 6 months ago that I've bought it whichwss AWSOME! And on top of that they gave me free 3 day shipping even tho normally you have to pay! So I can successfully say, Scooter tuning.ca ROCKS!!! ? OH also, got me sum flat bar for me exhuast brakets ? anyways back to the flywheel

On the flywheel you can not cut a lot of material off the back side. The center magnet in those are loose. Meaning if you take the tesion off of it from cutting the aluminum you will have it fly out. The outer two magnets are in a "Y" shape with the counter balancer joind at the bottom as one piece. About .050 inch or so is safest you could do off the back side of the flywheel. I cut about .030 inchh off the backside for our marines engines and we are at 19,000 + rpm most of time. Guys have gotten greedy and cut more but they have had the center magnet fly out and ruin the engines and usually the hull. Plus not safe if it flys out when you running it near you in the car.
You could try and just tighten the flywheel down with no key but if you do? Use a nut and washer first to tighten it. This will tighten it way more than a pull tang can. Some guys have ran just with no flywheel key but I have never tried it before.
On the flywheel you can try and tighten it only with no key as some guys have done it before and says it works fine. I have never tried it so do not know how well it works. Also tighten the flywheel down first with a nut and a washer. You can tighten it way tighter than you can with the pull tang.

Last edited:
On the flywheel you can not cut a lot of material off the back side. The center magnet in those are loose. Meaning if you take the tesion off of it from cutting the aluminum you will have it fly out. The outer two magnets are in a "Y" shape with the counter balancer joind at the bottom as one piece. About .050 inch or so is safest you could do off the back side of the flywheel. I cut about .030 inchh off the backside for our marines engines and we are at 19,000 + rpm most of time. Guys have gotten greedy and cut more but they have had the center magnet fly out and ruin the engines and usually the hull. Plus not safe if it flys out when you running it near you in the car.
You could try and just tighten the flywheel down with no key but if you do? Use a nut and washer first to tighten it. This will tighten it way more than a pull tang can. Some guys have ran just with no flywheel key but I have never tried it before.
Gear info Todd. The center magnet on my flywheel is like 1mm down so if I shave any more than that it will fly out and at that point shaving a 1mm isn't not gunan help at all. Thankd for the info on tightening without a key. So I've asked for measurements for the dynamite .31 gas engine flywheel and hopefully they reply Soon. What do you think about using one of those? I'd have to bore out the center a couple mms which won't mess up the balance. I think that should work but what's your thoughts?
Gear info Todd. The center magnet on my flywheel is like 1mm down so if I shave any more than that it will fly out and at that point shaving a 1mm isn't not gunan help at all. Thankd for the info on tightening without a key. So I've asked for measurements for the dynamite .31 gas engine flywheel and hopefully they reply Soon. What do you think about using one of those? I'd have to bore out the center a couple mms which won't mess up the balance. I think that should work but what's your thoughts?

The only thing I would be worried about is the aluminum starting to let the taper go deeper and deeper each time you take it off and retighten it. The Zen flywheels had the plates inside that helped and the flywheel is longer which gives more surface area for support on it. Never did we have a Zen style flywheel on our 35cc engines ever sink lower because of the 5/8 inch shaft and the length of the flywheel. Even with the 20 foot pounds of torque we tightened them too.

Well, this annoying ass, expensive money pit worth of a build, is never Gunna get done before next Saturday. too much bullshit has piled on and it's gotten somehow $55 bucks more than it was originally. So now it's $155 instead of 100 max that it was last week. I'm extremely mad right now because this build has just gotten pushed back ANOTHER month. If any other stupid crap magically shows up by then which it always does, I swear I'm just gonna sell this whole crapshow off and move on with life........OH any NO this isn't a April fool's thing. ?......I know "it's a custom build and nothing goes smoothly" and all of that But this has happened TOO MANY TIMES with this thing. I'm Soo over it. Also, if anybody offers to help fund it, I cannot accept that, it's a pride thing.......I

Last edited:
Well, this annoying ass, expensive money pit worth of a build, is never Gunna get done before next Saturday. too much bullshit has piled on and it's gotten somehow $55 bucks more than it was originally. So now it's $155 instead of 100 max that it was last week. I'm extremely mad right now because this build has just gotten pushed back ANOTHER month. If any other stupid crap magically shows up by then which it always does, I swear I'm just gonna sell this whole crapshow off and move on with life........OH any NO this isn't a April fool's thing. ?......I know "it's a custom build and nothing goes smoothly" and all of that But this has happened TOO MANY TIMES with this thing. I'm Soo over it. Also, if anybody offers to help fund it, I cannot accept that, it's a pride thing.......I've lost almost all motivation left, because yesterday I felt amazing, thinking this was Gunna Happen, and now I feel like I've been kicked I the nuts HARD and robbed. Sorry I'm just venting, don't have to reply.........

Get a grip Zee, you big tart???

If I was you Z I would get a cheap CY or Zen to put in the car to run while building you crazy mod engine. That way you could still have fun while sorting through the issues with your build. Then when all was sorted out and the build complete you could make the swap. Just my $.02.
yeah but at that point. its another 100+, so might aswell just finish it. i do plan on getting anther rc tho, just so when this 1 breaks, i have another rc to drive (y)?

So if anyone cares (which nobody DOES LOL) I went to the fab shop, and dropped my stuff off for them to do it. Now I'm less salty about the no being able to get it done by Saturday because even if I had the money, jt still wouldn't be done because the shop will take till next week Thursday. So that's that out of the way for now.

So here's a update on the Flywheel, horizon hobby go back to me on the flywheel measurements and they don't have the flywheel in stock so they couldn't give me the measurements obviously, I'm kinda stupid for not looking that it was out of stock but let's ignore that ?

So here's a update on the Flywheel, horizon hobby go back to me on the flywheel measurements and they don't have the flywheel in stock so they couldn't give me the measurements obviously, I'm kinda stupid for not looking that it was out of stock but let's ignore that ?
lol doesn't hurt to ask, id imagine if they wanted to bad enough they could contact manufacturer, or have a lead on getting dimensions for it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks