• Kinda

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • YES

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Nah I'll pass

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Annnd restored my rear shock brace. Here's before, all scraped up and scratched
IMG_20190614_204323.jpg
IMG_20190614_204320.jpgIMG_20190614_204312.jpg

And after alot of sanding, filing, scotch Brite-ing, and steel wooling, much better, some deep scrapes I was unable to get out but, still, much better
IMG_20190614_212602.jpg
IMG_20190614_212627.jpg
IMG_20190614_212636.jpg
IMG_20190614_212653.jpg
IMG_20190614_213249.jpgIMG_20190614_213253.jpg
Don't mind my super messy work table. It's always like that ?

Annnd restored my rear shock brace. Here's before, all scraped up and scratched
View attachment 51960
View attachment 51961View attachment 51962

And after alot of sanding, filing, scotch Brite-ing, and steel wooling, much better, some deep scrapes I was unable to get out but, still, much better
View attachment 51964
View attachment 51965
View attachment 51966
View attachment 51967
View attachment 51968View attachment 51969
Don't mind my super messy work tabl!. It's always like that ?
Brace looks good?? taken a few rolls? messy table = action?? don't stop!

So a run date???? or is it to early?
To early for what? A run?, Yes. I'm Gunna hopefully order the final parts for the engine (I'll still need diff parts but atleast I can get the first couple of 15 min idle runs for break in done) tomorrow or Sunday. Was collecting cash and waiting for the oil seals BS to clear up. Now that that's over, I'm Gunna go full speed ahead and get 'er done. Oh and the week starting monday, I'll try and head off to a machine shop and get the ignition gear sorted before the rest of the parts come so when everything is here, I'll be ready to assemble and if all goes to plan (should since everything has been test fitted), not gunna jinx myself, be done soon. don't wanna give a time estimate becuase whenever I do that, stuff seams to go south Lol.

Lol.....an you talked about a little dirt on my buggy ,yours look like it went through a meat grinder!

Your fingers hurtin yet?

Lol.....an you talked about a little dirt on my buggy ,yours look like it went through a meat grinder!

Your fingers hurtin yet?
Lmao.so I ran on asphalt most the time and It liked to wheelie and I had no idea how to control a wheelie so it flipped alot
It was a buggy so the body doesn't protect anything, bassically like a thong ???

I have some battle wounds ,
was running mine at the park the first day I got it in some thick grass ,I hit a hidden concrete storm drain ,It mowed
right over it ,but the rear looked funny when I got it back to me ,it snapped the rear upright shock tower ,I thought to myself,
what the heck ,walked out there to look ,an it was a dang concrete footing for a storm drain!

I was babying it ,an thought the buggy would be too heavy to do jumps ,until my wife got her hands on the controller ,
she started hitting 4 ft jumps an I was freaking out ,but nothing broke!....LOL

I will have to get mine out ,it hasn't seen a light of day in 3 years ,I am sure it has a ton of dust & dirt on it!

Your probably anxious to get yours running ,I would like to see that bad boy run!....(y)

I have some battle wounds ,
was running mine at the park the first day I got it in some thick grass ,I hit a hidden concrete storm drain ,It mowed
right over it ,but the rear looked funny when I got it back to me ,it snapped the rear upright shock tower ,I thought to myself,
what the heck ,walked out there to look ,an it was a dang concrete footing for a storm drain!

I was babying it ,an thought the buggy would be too heavy to do jumps ,until my wife got her hands on the controller ,
she started hitting 4 ft jumps an I was freaking out ,but nothing broke!....LOL

I will have to get mine out ,it hasn't seen a light of day in 3 years ,I am sure it has a ton of dust & dirt on it!

Your probably anxious to get yours running ,I would like to see that bad boy run!....(y)
You know I'm anxious to run it! I literally know nothing about how this engine will behave. If it was a direct clone of alx, than I would know but, I don't. I don't know if it will be snappy, linear, or laggy. I'm hoping for linear. If not I can always port it and try to get the powerband exactly how I want but I don't really want to do that yet. Eventually, I'm obviously Gunna go for as much power as I can get, port the cylinder, and go with a 25mm carb, better exhuast ect. Anyways I'm just saying my mind rn ?

You know I'm anxious to run it! I literally know nothing about how this engine will behave. If it was a direct clone of alx, than I would know but, I don't. I don't know if it will be snappy, linear, or laggy. I'm hoping for linear. If not I can always port it and try to get the powerband exactly how I want but I don't really want to do that yet. Eventually, I'm obviously Gunna go for as much power as I can get, port the cylinder, and go with a 25mm carb, better exhuast ect. Anyways I'm just saying my mind rn ?
All good but good! for just get it running ??first

taking apart the diff RN, forgot to take pics of the process but in the morning i will, its super messy, normally i don't mind grease and oil but this is nasty, luckily im wearing my oversized gloves (as mark35 so kindly pointed out in my aluminum restoration thread :LOL:) so my hands wont stay sticky for the next 2 weeks. im currently bathing the diff case and diff gears (which look fine luckily, no chipped teeth or no real wear, guess my locking unlocking problem is shimming related) in purple power, looks to be working becuase the grease and diff oil has turned white and sticky, kind of like.........like........ you know :sneaky:;):LOL::LOL::LOL:
side note: i took it apart early so i know i don't need anything else so when i go to replace the seals and shims, i don't find any nasty surprises, IE chipped teeth or some other damage.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks